Are all images Church Related images etc have a trademark?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
davidmarmolejo

Are all images Church Related images etc have a Copy Right ?

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I love the Church ,i would like to have some image of something of the Church in My web sight or etc ..but .... i'm Sad becuase i think theres is
nothing i can put that will have a treadmark that is church related image

I don't know if i Explained my self
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

By default, all images have a copyright unless the copyright is released for public use. I don't know of any church images in the public domain.

You may have to create your own or find someone to create an image for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Contact the Church Intellectual Property Office.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

Creat my own?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

For any images found on LDS.org, you should consult the Rights and Use Information (link at the bottom of most LDS.org pages). That explains the licensing and copyright terms for that content.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidmarmolejo wrote:Creat my own?

Copyrights are complicated. Usually, if you create a image, you own the rights to it.

However, photos of buildings and sculptures may still have a copyright of the original artist.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”