I cannot get LDS Tools for iPhone to download!

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
normanholm

I cannot get LDS Tools for iPhone to download!

Post by normanholm »

When I go to update data and type in my LDS account info and download I get an error called: Assignments, No Results, The Request was successful, but it returned no data. There may be data available, or the data may be restricted for legal or other reasons. Can you help me resolve this.
faf1998

Post by faf1998 »

I am having the same problem. Just posted as well to get some additional traction on these...
mrbelding76

Assignments error code

Post by mrbelding76 »

Since I updated to the newest version on the iPad, it tells me it connects fine but there is no data to retrieve (assignments missing error)....very strange. I'm afraid to update on my iPhone as I dont want to be locked out of ldstools there as well...is someone on this?
HeilnerSB
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by HeilnerSB »

We've found a bug in the 2.0.2 release that causes the date update to fail when the user doesn't have a calling. We have it fixed in our 2.1 release which is due to be released in July, but we'll likely do a quick 2.0.3 release to fix this problem.
iOS Developer, LDS Church
dstorry

Post by dstorry »

normanholm wrote:When I go to update data and type in my LDS account info and download I get an error called: Assignments, No Results, The Request was successful, but it returned no data. There may be data available, or the data may be restricted for legal or other reasons. Can you help me resolve this.

[INDENT] OK I now see there are 2 threads about the same problem. if you look under ldstools iphone app there is another one maybe the administrators can link together

I got my wife's Iphone 4S to accept LDStools by using my logon to access the data once the app was downloaded.
I went into MLS and changed my wife's calling to a standard calling and still no luck on her downloading the data.

I am unsure where the problem is but if some of these other members can try a similar fix and if it works then I would say there is a problem in the app and calling area.

I am sure many more will have a similar problem once the app updates are done until the app is fixed.

Maybe the programmers can roll back the app to the previous version for release until it gets fixed correctly. As my understanding is that LDS tools is for all members not just specific callings?
Dave [/INDENT]
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

dstorry wrote: Image

[INDENT] OK I now see there are 2 threads about the same problem. if you look under ldstools iphone app there is another one maybe the administrators can link together

I got my wife's Iphone 4S to accept LDStools by using my logon to access the data once the app was downloaded.
I went into MLS and changed my wife's calling to a standard calling and still no luck on her downloading the data.

I am unsure where the problem is but if some of these other members can try a similar fix and if it works then I would say there is a problem in the app and calling area.

I am sure many more will have a similar problem once the app updates are done until the app is fixed.

Maybe the programmers can roll back the app to the previous version for release until it gets fixed correctly. As my understanding is that LDS tools is for all members not just specific callings?
Dave [/INDENT]

Imminent update coming through iTunes, to fix this. Just waiting on their approval.
freemanjk

Returned no data

Post by freemanjk »

I have also had the same problem. I can login and use the directory and calendar on my laptop and others can login to LDS tools on my iPhone 4s (only a week old), but I get the same error shown in comment #1. A fix or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

See post #4.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
richwales

Post by richwales »

Still having this same problem. Someone needs to light a nice, pleasant, but persistent fire under iTunes to get them to approve the bug fix update for this app.
jaybos

Have a calling in MLS and still having the issue

Post by jaybos »

The solution described has to do with those who don't have callings, but I have a calling in MLS and still have the issue.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”