Temple Recommend Status Report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
kirtkennedy

Temple Recommend Status Report

Post by kirtkennedy »

I'm a Ward Executive Secretary
The Bishop would like to send out "reminder" emails to those whose temple recommend is about to expire. I can see how to do this by "Send a Message". However, I would like to send the same message to multiple recipients without anyone knowing who the message is being sent to....this is typically accomplished by sending a "BCC", which, it appears the system will allow....however there is no field to enter the name?....am I missing something or is this still in development?...:confused:
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

It does seem rather broken. I'll submit a bug report for the messaging app.

I'm hoping we can add a CSV export for some of the reports, so it is easier to do various custom things with the data (such as grab the email addresses to paste into the BCC field of your email app).

I'm not sure about an automated reminder email, but maybe a "Send Reminder Email" button on that report would be a useful feature. I'll submit an enhancement request for that too.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
Scottc32

Any update on the export functionality you mentioned?

Post by Scottc32 »

Please let us know if the reports in lds.org will have easy export capability in the future.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I export a Membership.csv from MLS, sort by the TR expiration date, and copy the e-mail addresses of those about to expire into a new e-mail message. I use both the family and individual addresses to ensure both spouses know they need to check their recommends.

Dana
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:and copy the e-mail addresses of those about to expire into a new e-mail message.
Hopefully it's either one email per household or BCC is used to send to the group.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”