New procedure for registering new temple recommend books in MLS?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drepouille

New procedure for registering new temple recommend books in MLS?

Post by drepouille »

I am a stake executive secretary. I tried to activate a new temple recommend (for myself) from a new recommend book.
I could not activate my new recommend through the Temple Entry System web site.
"Error: The member's stake/mission does not match the stake/mission the recommend was sent to."
The stake clerk could not activate it through MLS.
The temple presidency could not activate it through TES at the temple.

Tonight, my ward clerk called the Support line, and was given a new procedure for registering new recommend books as "received" in MLS. My ward clerk sent me the following message:
The issue was that our current (and future) temple recommend books were not listed in MLS for me to check as received. And there is no way to add the books from the client side of the MLS application. After a few phone calls I found out that there are new procedures in place. In order to get the temple recommend books to show up in MLS someone (presumably one of the ward clerks) has to send an email to the distribution center using this address "temple.entry@ldschurch.org" and the email needs to contain the following information: Unit name, unit number, leader (bishop/branch president) name, the range of numbers for the recommend book (first number and last number) and the date the book was received. I've been told that once the distribution center does their thing, the book info will be pushed from server side of MLS to our client MLS and then I'll be able to check it as received.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I took delivery of a couple of books last week and was waiting for the numbers to appear in MLS. Now I know what to do. :-)

Many thanks for the info.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

I had a chat with our local office and they told me that Distribution would normally allocate the books to the units automatically and they would appear in MLS, the procedure outlined is used when this hasn't happened. This isn't really a new procedure but it will be used if the normal process has failed.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

simonawright wrote:I had a chat with our local office and they told me that Distribution would normally allocate the books to the units automatically and they would appear in MLS, the procedure outlined is used when this hasn't happened. This isn't really a new procedure but it will be used if the normal process has failed.

More very useful information! I'll see if anything has changed at the weekend!

Thanks!!
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

Well we had a new book delivered in the ward recently - and stake were complaining that they couldn't activate any of our recommends from the new book. A few emails bounced around some different admin people - and then it was sorted. Seems the system had our book still in the supply chain, and not delivered.

Not sure that info helps anyone - but there you go :)
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Finally more information has come! The book of recommends from which my recommend was issued was sent to my ward here in Nebraska, but the distribution center THOUGHT they had sent it to a ward in Utah in 2007. (Apparently, FAIRVIEW is a common unit name.) The entire book has now been reported as lost or stolen. Luckily, only two recommends were issued from that book, and a new book arrived at the bishop's house (and our ward MLS) yesterday.

Wow, what an adventure this has been. I go to the temple once or twice each week, and have had to explain myself past the recommend desk every time. They can't just send me away from the temple, because they really need my services. I've memorized the Spanish veil and initiatory ordinances, so I am very popular.
Thanks,
Dana
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:(Apparently, FAIRVIEW is a common unit name.)

Not too common. Only 11 states and two other countries besides the United States! I am glad they figured out where the book went.

If it is any consolation, you are the only Fairview Ward in Nebraska. I wonder how they decided to which of the seven different units in Utah to assign the book?

It is a high tech world.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:Apparently, FAIRVIEW is a common unit name.) The entire book has now been reported as lost or stolen.

Using the classic LUWS search function, I see 7 "Fairview" wards and two "Fairview" Branches. All together, there are 20 units with Fairview in their name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”