No access to Clerk Resouces

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lhauptly

No access to Clerk Resouces

Post by lhauptly »

I've been an Assitant clerk for some time, and just recently was called as the Ward Clerk. I've updated MLS with the current changes (I'm in the Ward Clerk spot), but I do not have any "extra" access on lds.org. I can't upload or approve pictures to directory, I don't have access to leadership and clerk resources, and I cant add events to the ward calendar...basically I can do nothing. What can I do to gain access so I can keep our wards info updated on lds.org?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It usually takes about a day to get the rights. Since your calling came up to CDOL (the source of callings at CHQ) today, you should have access tomorrow.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

If that doesn't happen, something got messed up.. remove yourself from the Ward Clerk position, do a Send/Receive a couple of times, then put yourself back in, Send/Receive a couple of times.... check the online access again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JohnShaw wrote:If that doesn't happen, something got messed up.. remove yourself from the Ward Clerk position, do a Send/Receive a couple of times, then put yourself back in, Send/Receive a couple of times.... check the online access again.

But you have to allow time for things to sync. CDOL gets it very quickly, but other sites tend to need an overnight process to sync up new roles. JonesRK would know the exact timing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lhauptly

Post by lhauptly »

I'll try cycling through (removing myself, then adding me back). It's been over a week since I changed MLS the first time so it should have synced by now. We'll see if this helps. Thanks.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:But you have to allow time for things to sync. CDOL gets it very quickly, but other sites tend to need an overnight process to sync up new roles. JonesRK would know the exact timing.
See Callings Timing of callings sent to CDOL/Church_Headquarters for the details, but some sites access the callings in CDOL via services (like lds.org/directory for the list) and show them as soon as they are in CDOL. Others like the authorization used by many of the lds.org tools (including rights within directory), use the nightly pull and then may have their own processes that run after that completes.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lhauptly wrote:I'll try cycling through (removing myself, then adding me back). It's been over a week since I changed MLS the first time so it should have synced by now. We'll see if this helps. Thanks.
I would wait until tomorrow, since it was just created in CDOL today. I don't know why it didn't come up any sooner, but if you don't have access in the morning, then it might be worth trying cycling it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:I would wait until tomorrow, since it was just created in CDOL today. I don't know why it didn't come up any sooner, but if you don't have access in the morning, then it might be worth trying cycling it.

I'd follow JonesRK's advice. As a church employee/CDOL developer, he can see things we can't. If you try to cycle things now, you'll likely lose rights until it syncs back up again.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We may have the classic, I added myself in but didn't hit Send/Receive --> While I find the pop-up message reminder to Send/Receive a bit of a nuisance, it does help us remember to keep things updated. Increasingly more access is controled through positions in MLS, and keeping the data updated with CHQ is important for people starting in their calling with the new energy and excitement that usually accompanies those calls.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”