LDS Tools Default Passcode

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
kem46

LDS Tools Default Passcode

Post by kem46 »

I can't figure out what the default passcode is on the LDS Tools so I can change it. Where do I find the default passcode when first installing the app?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

There is no default passcode for LDS Tools. Any passcode set up would be done by yourself.

If you have forgotten the code and can't get into the app, the only remedy is to delete the app and reinstall. Then if you are a Leader it will request you set-up a passcode, before you are able to download any extra data relevant to your calling.

A password may be necessary, depending on how you download the app from iTunes. That pass word will only be related to your Apple account however.

I trust this answers your query.
usuhamlet

No passcode

Post by usuhamlet »

I upgraded LDS Tools to the latest and I am now being asked for a passcode. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but am still being asked. I do not remember setting up a passcode in the older version. I am able to download the data and the app shows the information when I first open it up but then the passcode entry box opens up and no matter what I type I am told the passcode is incorrect. Any ideas?

Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

usuhamlet wrote:I upgraded LDS Tools to the latest and I am now being asked for a passcode. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but am still being asked. I do not remember setting up a passcode in the older version. I am able to download the data and the app shows the information when I first open it up but then the passcode entry box opens up and no matter what I type I am told the passcode is incorrect. Any ideas?

I would send an e-mail to the developers. Before requiring you to enter the passcode, the program should have given you the opportunity set up a code. This sounds like a bug to me.
Mahioi

Passcode doesn't work on iPad

Post by Mahioi »

I can get into LDS Tools on my computer with no problem. But after downloading LDS Tools for my iPad and when I try to get into Tools it asks for a "Passcode". When I enter my password that I use on my computer for the passcode, it says "Passcode Problem - Incorrect Passcode Entered". Is the Passcode and Password two different things? If so, it doesn't work. Please advise. -Thanks
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Mahioi wrote:I can get into LDS Tools on my computer with no problem. But after downloading LDS Tools for my iPad and when I try to get into Tools it asks for a "Passcode". When I enter my password that I use on my computer for the passcode, it says "Passcode Problem - Incorrect Passcode Entered". Is the Passcode and Password two different things? If so, it doesn't work. Please advise. -Thanks
The Passcode is used to get into the iPad, if set up! A Passcode is also required to access entry in to various apps, again if they are set up.

In the LDSTools app, to download data from the Church servers, you are required to use your LDS Account name and Password. So that LDSTools can ascertain who you are and what type of data to download.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Biggles wrote:The Passcode is used to get into the iPad, if set up! A Passcode is also required to access entry in to various apps, again if they are set up.

In the LDSTools app, to download data from the Church servers, you are required to use your LDS Account name and Password. So that LDSTools can ascertain who you are and what type of data to download.
LDS Tools also has a passcode. It shows up if you are in certain leadership positions that give you access to additional information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JonesRK wrote:LDS Tools also has a passcode. It shows up if you are in certain leadership positions that give you access to additional information.

The new passcode function in LDS Tools was a bit buggy when I first started using it, but with enough starts and exits it finally began acting as I expected it would. I think there were just some bugs in the installation process while it decided I was in a position where I needed to use it and it set itself up.
CSnelson

Same problem

Post by CSnelson »

I too had the same problem when I tried to open the app it had the password field but I hadn't previously set up a password. So I had to reset the data and re-signin/sync then afterwards I was able to manually set up a password but was never taken to that part automatically.
wabplanalp

Re: LDS Tools Default Passcode

Post by wabplanalp »

My LDS Tools ask to update myn account. Now no matter what I put in for a passcode it will not accept it and it has happened to my husbands account also and we didn't say to update it. We are locked out of both and we need it desperately. Can you help us. Thank you

Our email is lwabp@ubtanet.com

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”