Bug: descenders being cut off on lesson names

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mevans

Bug: descenders being cut off on lesson names

Post by mevans »

Descenders (characters that go below the text baseline, such as j, g, and y) are being cut off on lesson names. Some formatting needs to be adjusted so they show properly. I went to study this week's lesson (Lesson 21: Alma-Did Judge Righteous Judgments) which has a few descenders and noticed the problem.

I observed the problem on the following browsers:
  • Safari Mac
  • Firefox Mac
  • Camino Mac
  • Chrome Mac
Firefox and Camino didn't cut off quite as much as Safari and Chrome. If you need screenshots or for me to test on Windows, I can do that.

I notice this in the single week view the most, although if I look at the "view year" view, I notice that descenders are also cut off, but not quite as much.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Hmmm....either someone fixed this since I posted and didn't say anything...or it's not a problem on Windows.

I just tried it on the following browsers and it works fine:
  • Chrome Win
  • Firefox Win
  • IE Win
Now I'm not near a Mac to test.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Okay...back to the Mac and it's still a problem, so it looks like this is a Mac-specific problem.

Another interesting thing: I noticed on Windows the lessons display in a serif font and on the Mac it's a sans-serif font.

Please let me know if you need screen shots or if you're able to reproduce this without further input.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”