Send a message to all priesthood holders

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kwanj

Send a message to all priesthood holders

Post by kwanj »

Hi,

As a Stake Executive Secretary, I can only broadcast an email to "all members" or "all adult members" of my stake. Is there a way to send an email to all priesthood holders in my stake?

Thanks.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Are you are using the "send a message" feature of the clerk or leaders resources tool on LDS.org? The "send a message" rights of that feature seem different based on callings. As a stake assistant clerk, I can't even do as much as you can with "send a message." Maybe a stake president is reading and can tell us, but you may need to ask your stake president what his "send a message" abilities are....I don't know of any info online about it.
kwanj

Post by kwanj »

Yes, I'm using "Send a message" feature of the clerk or leaders resource tools on lds.org. I wonder if we can create some customized subgroups....
kisaac wrote:Are you are using the "send a message" feature of the clerk or leaders resources tool on LDS.org? The "send a message" rights of that feature seem different based on callings. As a stake assistant clerk, I can't even do as much as you can with "send a message." Maybe a stake president is reading and can tell us, but you may need to ask your stake president what his "send a message" abilities are....I don't know of any info online about it.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

Can't be done with Send a Message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kwanj wrote:As a Stake Executive Secretary, I can only broadcast an email to "all members" or "all adult members" of my stake. Is there a way to send an email to all priesthood holders in my stake?

If you want to get that specific, you'll probably need to use MLS. You could generate a custom report that uses selection criteria to select the priesthood holders, and make sure you include the Contact E-mail address in the Format section (the Contact E-mail is the individual e-mail, unless that e-mail address is not specified, in which case it is the household e-mail address). Then you could copy the resulting list of e-mail addresses into your email program and send the message.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kwanj

Post by kwanj »

That's a good idea, thanks.
aebrown wrote:If you want to get that specific, you'll probably need to use MLS. You could generate a custom report that uses selection criteria to select the priesthood holders, and make sure you include the Contact E-mail address in the Format section (the Contact E-mail is the individual e-mail, unless that e-mail address is not specified, in which case it is the household e-mail address). Then you could copy the resulting list of e-mail addresses into your email program and send the message.

Return to “General Discussions”