Event Planning App - Youth Conference, Girls Camp, Scout Camp, Regional Singles/YSA

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
johnshaw

Event Planning App - Youth Conference, Girls Camp, Scout Camp, Regional Singles/YSA

Post by johnshaw »

I have been involved now in a few of these events and find the complexity of organizing the sign-up, (registration forms) daunting - There are sites all over the church that have been written and used by stakes in limited ways, they seem to be outside of the policies, and the concern over private data (names, numbers, age, etc... particularly because many of these are for minors) makes me nervous. The alternative to a policy-iffy website is to gather all these manually, which is crazy

Also activities for a ward that would require approval beyond the Bishop.

I would propose an online tool that could be setup for any unit to use, the app would contain:

Event setup and planning, dates, leaders, access to data, etc...
-automated approval process to the SP if the event warrants it
-church trip planning form automatically filled out
-liability issues explained, etc...

Sign-up for classes, merit badge courses offered, girls camp level, singles workshop, etc...

Registration Form (using the official data from MLS)
-tshirt sizes
-special meal consideration
-medical form (church form automatically filled out)

This site would be secured, would allow the individual, or parent to authorize access to private data for leaders, and provide the planning tool needed to implement the event

Reporting available to leaders for planning needs food, tshirts, data for medical personnel summarized and available to them (would need to be offline available for camps support)

One great benefit is the event would by design provide compliance on activities, forms required, liability considerations part of the establishment of the event and proper approvals.

thoughts, ideas?
atticusewig

Post by atticusewig »

Sounds like a great idea. If cost estimates could be added to the
registrations, it could even help leaders determine how much money
needs to be committed as more people sign up. Of course, getting
youth leaders to stay on budget might be another thing.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

absolutely.... there could be a report that says, How much $$ per person for food, lodging, incidentals, etc... and could provide an estimated budget to submit to ward/stake leaders... I was thinking in the future a member might even be able to submit their other account funding online directly (this of-course depends on where MLS/Finances go in the future)
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

JohnShaw wrote:I have been involved now in a few of these events and find the complexity of organizing the sign-up, (registration forms) daunting
under the "thoughts, ideas" heading,
with some thought the same type of "event planning" or "registration" application could work for not quite as complex sign-ups, like a "pot-luck" ward dinner (when the desserts slots are filled, you can still choose to sign up for salads, etc) or home and visiting teaching interviews or tithing settlement sign-ups. Even service projects that might need multiple tasks, tools, or locations. Perhaps even weekly temple recommend or bishop interview spots. Of course, privacy of "registrants" already signed-up needs to be assured....

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”