LDS.org Photo Directory -- Printing Photo Directory with Individual Photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Lizhanglao

LDS.org Photo Directory -- Printing Photo Directory with Individual Photos

Post by Lizhanglao »

Hi,

Is there a way to print a photo directory on lds.org filled with the individual photos of ward members (not just the household photos). Our ward does not have the "Household" photo populated, but many of the individual photos of each member are uploaded. Currently, it appears that we can only print a directory with "Household" photos and I can't find an option that also includes "individual" photos.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Individual photos are available when printing organizations. This isn't ideal but you can get individual photos with organizations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Lizhanglao

Post by Lizhanglao »

Thank you for the response! While not ideal, at least it's something. Perhaps that can be fixed in the next update. Thanks again!
mevans

Post by mevans »

I'd love for individual photos to be available as well. However, one thing that people can do is upload their own household photo (as well as individual photos). However, I don't see many people in our ward taking the initiative to upload their own photos. I suspect most people don't even know they can do this (or maybe I'd go further and say most people don't know there is an online directory).
williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

mevans wrote:I don't see many people in our ward taking the initiative to upload their own photos. I suspect most people don't even know they can do this (or maybe I'd go further and say most people don't know there is an online directory).
In our ward, we printed small slips of paper with basic instructions a member could follow to upload photos to the online directory. For about a month we included these instruction slips with the sacrament meeting program. The person conducting sacrament meeting took a moment to draw attention to the instructions and ask members to upload photos. The bishop also gave the instruction slips to families as he met with them for tithing settlement last year.

We probably had about twenty families take the initiative to upload photos to the online directory.
chrisj0nes

Post by chrisj0nes »

I'd like to request this feature as well. Having a checkbox to include individual photos on the printed directory would be very useful. Please add it to the feature list.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

I had no idea that you could print photos from the "Ward Organizations" section, so I appreciate that tip.

One thing I did notice - when I printed the directory from that section ("Ward Organizations"), it did not include my individual photo. I checked the visibility settings on my individual photo, and it's set as "Stake" (none of the information on my household profile is private).

However, when I go to print the directory from the "Photos" section, my household photo (which has the same visibility settings) appears just fine.

I'm pretty sure it's a legitimate bug, but can someone else confirm it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wertdl wrote:One thing I did notice - when I printed the directory from that section ("Ward Organizations"), it did not include my individual photo. I checked the visibility settings on my individual photo, and it's set as "Stake" (none of the information on my household profile is private).

However, when I go to print the directory from the "Photos" section, my household photo (which has the same visibility settings) appears just fine.

I'm pretty sure it's a legitimate bug, but can someone else confirm it?

No, this works just fine for me. When I print any group from "Ward Organizations" I see all the individual photos (including mine). So it's not a general bug, and must have something to do with the settings or data related to your photo or ward.

Do you see other individual photos on the printout for the organization you are printing? If not, are you making sure that the "Include individual photo" checkbox on the print dialog is checked? If your photo is the only one that is missing, is there any chance that your individual photo has not been approved by your ward clerk?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wertdl wrote:One thing I did notice - when I printed the directory from that section ("Ward Organizations"), it did not include my individual photo. I checked the visibility settings on my individual photo, and it's set as "Stake" (none of the information on my household profile is private).

Has the photo been approved by an administrator? Generally an unapproved photo will appear to the uploader and some admins, but not to the general membership regardless of the privacy settings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

Well, that was weird. I deleted my photo and re-added it, and it worked.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”