MLS update 6/3/2012

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aclawson

MLS update 6/3/2012

Post by aclawson »

MLS installed a patch to itself today but the release notes document did not change. Does anybody know what, if anything, has changed?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Noticed the same thing!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aclawson wrote:MLS installed a patch to itself today but the release notes document did not change. Does anybody know what, if anything, has changed?
There was a missing language translation file, and it also fixed a finance bug that affected how certain transactions were transmitted to CUBS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
KeithWilson

Post by KeithWilson »

I am getting a report the update is buggy. One unit reports it does not accept donations at all... Is anyone else having trouble? "A database error has occurred." :( It may be an isolated incident...
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

KeithWilson wrote:I am getting a report the update is buggy. One unit reports it does not accept donations at all... Is anyone else having trouble? "A database error has occurred." :( It may be an isolated incident...

We had no problem with donations today.
Beryxil

Post by Beryxil »

It causes me grief in that we don't have the clerk user as an administrator so we have to go around to all of the Stake computers and update them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jasonplattter wrote:It causes me grief in that we don't have the clerk user as an administrator so we have to go around to all of the Stake computers and update them.

While MLS release notes indicate support for running as a non-admin, we've never received any policy update on how to do so. Is there a reason the clerk doesn't have local admin rights? And is this based on fear or actual bad experience?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Beryxil

Post by Beryxil »

RussellHltn wrote:While MLS release notes indicate support for running as a non-admin, we've never received any policy update on how to do so. Is there a reason the clerk doesn't have local admin rights? And is this based on fear or actual bad experience?
A little bit of both. I come from the IT sector and it is just standard procedure to not have users as admins. Additionally, we ran into a couple of issues of unauthorized software being installed one of the instances was remote access software. It would be much easier to have the clerk user be an admin. Both of us STS's are new so we are not sure of any special requirements for MLS.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

There is always the run as option...
Beryxil

Post by Beryxil »

aclawson wrote:There is always the run as option...

But I am not aware of a way to use the run as with saved credentials with Windows 7. We would still need to visit each computer. If there is a way to do that I would love to know.

Thanks.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”