Clerk Resources 1.9 - Ability to email Membership or Finance Support

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dfchamplain

Clerk Resources 1.9 - Ability to email Membership or Finance Support

Post by dfchamplain »

Does anyone know if in the current version of Clerk Resources if you can directly email Membership or Finance Support? Will this be supported in future versions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can do that now with just a email program: Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

Yes, but if I just use my local email program, the message will not be available for other leaders to read and see as it currently is in MLS. Also, it was my understanding that using MLS to send a message to support was encrypted. Is this not correct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dfchamplain wrote:Also, it was my understanding that using MLS to send a message to support was encrypted. Is this not correct?

It could be, but this is the first time I've seen the question raised.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dwsmith2

Post by dwsmith2 »

I'm not sure what encrypted means, but it is my understanding that sending a confidential message (such as a move restriction) from MLS is possible, whereas if you send such a request from another email program, the MLS team won't handle it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dwsmith2 wrote:I'm not sure what encrypted means, but it is my understanding that sending a confidential message (such as a move restriction) from MLS is possible, whereas if you send such a request from another email program, the MLS team won't handle it.
That's not correct. It's advertised in many places that you can send email to msrmail@ldsmail.net or to mlssupport@ldschurch.org. There are some restrictions on attachments, but you can't attach files from MLS anyway. I've sent emails this way and gotten responses.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dwsmith2

Post by dwsmith2 »

Yes, you can send general emails to those addresses (which I have and received responses). The post by dfchamplain referred to encrypted emails, which was ambiguous. I wondered if he was referring to special requests, which again I believe can only be sent through MLS, which seems to be implied from the wiki article on move restrictions (http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Move_restriction).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”