Melch. Priesthood was redone due to missing record. MLS not happy

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
adoga

Melch. Priesthood was redone due to missing record. MLS not happy

Post by adoga »

I inherited a membership audit error for a member whose Sealing date is prior to is Melch Priesthood ordination.

He was ordained to be an elder in 1967 & married in 1968. He then had to be re-ordained to the Melch. Priesthood 30 years later because they could not find the record of his original ordination.

My question is: Is this something he will have to explain to each ward clerk whenever he moves wards? Or, should it show up in the MLS differently than it is? (Such as with restored keys?)

-Neil
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Has the procedure for ratification as described in Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops [2010], 16.1.10, been accomplished? Once done the record will be adjusted by the administration office and the audit error will no longer appear. If it has been done then a Special Request may need to be made.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
adoga

Post by adoga »

Thank you. I don't know the answer to either question because it was redone in 1999 but i'll find out and go from there. Thank you!
pbhanney

Post by pbhanney »

We had a brother that was baptized a few weeks before he was eight. We had it ratified by the office of the First Presidency. It didn't show up on any reports and the only way to know that something was off was to actually look at the record itself and did the math.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

We had a bishipric member a few years ago who was also baptised a few days before his 8th birthday. He called the Membership office directly as it was his own personal membership record and the flag was resolved.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”