Regional Stake Conference Broadcasts

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
TinMan

Regional Stake Conference Broadcasts

Post by TinMan »

With the increased use of region wide Stake Conference broadcasts from Church HQ, are there plans to make transcripts of the talks given available?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Based on the instructions in Handbook 2 21.1.33, my guess is that transcripts will not be made available.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

That's true, they likely won't make these things available after the conferences.

That said, occasionally things do show up in official sources. Last July, there was a substantial portion of a talk given at one of these regional conferences by Elder Holland that did show up in the Ensign. It's the one with all the matter about the 'Hole int he Rock' expedition in it.

I've seen short one- or two-paragraph quotes by President Hinckley from these as well. These showed up in First Presidency Messages in the Ensign.

The Church News occasionally will have short quotes in stories done about these, but they only cover these on occasion.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

It just seems to me that a BROADCAST to 65 stakes for Stake Conference may be a little different than the "Stake Conference" addresses talked about in scgallafent's link. It also seems to me that because of the nature of these talks, SOMEONE is going to record them and transcribe them on their personal blog. (65 stakes times 3000 people per stake? Yeah, someone will.) So. It would seem to me that to protect what is said, an official transcript may be a better idea than one made by a member and sent on the Mormon Underground.

After all, many talks by General Authorities that aren't in General Conference appear in "official places." Perhaps the technology exists to transcribe the talks, send them to the Stake Presidents involved and let them email them to the stake members?
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

In the past, we talked with headquarters and they said that to get a copy of the broadcast you need to have your Stake President send a request to your area's General Authority (GA)
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Or I can just rely on the underground...

http://www.moderatebutpassionate.com/20 ... rence.html

http://mormonsoprano.com/2012/05/20/reg ... unty-utah/

etc...

I am sure their quotes are accurate...

:)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”