New post: New Local Versions of Country Websites

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

The Church has recently created new local versions of LDS.org called country websites. These new websites contain much of the regular content currently available on the global LDS.org version, but with additional local information, including messages from the Area Presidency and local news.
davecsmith

Post by davecsmith »

This sounds really dumb but after searching this site for over 10 minutes, reading the FAQs and quidelines for forums I can not figure out how to start a new thread, post a new question. So, I decided I would "reply" to yours hoping someone will tell me how to post my question.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davecsmith wrote:This sounds really dumb but after searching this site for over 10 minutes, reading the FAQs and quidelines for forums I can not figure out how to start a new thread, post a new question. So, I decided I would "reply" to yours hoping someone will tell me how to post my question.
There's a "Post New Thread" button at the top of the forum page. It's not visible if you are looking at a thread; you need to go to the forum to see it. You can go to the forum by clicking on the Forum tab at the top, or anywhere in the breadcrumbs just below that.

So as you are looking at this post, you'll see the breadcrumb that looks like:

Forum > Community Discussions > LDSTech Featured Article Discussions > New post: New Local Versions of Country Websites

You can click on the second or third link to go to a place where you can post. Or you can click on the first link ("Forum") and navigate through the forums to find the right forum section for the topic you have a question on.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davecsmith

Post by davecsmith »

When I select "Forum" at top of page there is no "Post New Thread" tab. However, when I clicked on "Community Disussions" in the breadcrumbs in your comments I did get a page with "Post New Thread". Any ideas why I don't see it when I select forum?
davecsmith

Post by davecsmith »

It must be related to my privileges. When I tried to post via the breadcrumb route I get this message: davecsmith, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I have signed in but evidently I am not accepted as being able to post. I read through the rules and policies and did not notice anything about levels of access.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davecsmith wrote:When I select "Forum" at top of page there is no "Post New Thread" tab. However, when I clicked on "Community Disussions" in the breadcrumbs in your comments I did get a page with "Post New Thread". Any ideas why I don't see it when I select forum?
No one can post in the "Forum" section -- that's just the top level of the hierarchy of forum sections. You have to actually be in a forum section to make a post. You saw that when you clicked on "Community Discussions."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davecsmith

Post by davecsmith »

When I got to "Community Discussions" and select "Post a Thread" this is the message I get:

Sorry! This forum is not accepting new posts.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davecsmith wrote:When I got to "Community Discussions" and select "Post a Thread" this is the message I get:

Sorry! This forum is not accepting new posts.

There are no threads at that level. You need to pick a sub-forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”