Adding Instructor for a Lesson

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
ryanscampbell

Adding Instructor for a Lesson

Post by ryanscampbell »

There are a few changes going on in our ward, so we put together a schedule for who should teach each lesson by there role, since we don't know the exact names of a few of the people who will be teaching (we are down our YM Secretary). I went in to go test out the Lesson Schedules functionality, and started adding the name of a role, like "YM Secretary", and hitting save. It wasn't until I went back in after doing a few and noticed that nothing I was entering was being saved, even if I hit the save button.

After reading the documentation, I realized that I had to type the name of a person, and then I would be able to select the validated name of the actual church member, then when I hit the save button, it would save that exact user as the Instructor. This brings up two suggestions:

1 - Add some validation so that you cannot save an invalid entry (like "YM Secretary") in the Instructor field when pressing the [Save] button.
2 - Add new functionality to assign a role as the instructor, instead of a specific person.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Welcome to the forum! I like both of your suggestions, but I'm a community member like yourself and not a programmer for the application. I suspect the instructor functions will receive more attention in the next few releases.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Thanks for the suggestions. I've added it to our list of changes and updates to be considered for the next version of Lesson Schedule.
QA Engineer

Return to “Lesson Schedules”