Emergency Response and Special Needs flagging on lds.maps

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jhowell2000

Emergency Response and Special Needs flagging on lds.maps

Post by jhowell2000 »

[Moderator note: Moved this from thread "many ?? about maps" to begin a new thread -kisaac]

Not sure how to make this a separate thread, but perhaps it should be specifically about Emergency Response and Special Needs flagging on lds.maps?
Question about marking emergency response leaders and those with special needs. Is this ability available only to people with leader access (clerks, bishopric?). I can't find these options as an administrator only and I want to know who can do these things and once they are marked who can see them (are they visible to general membership or only leaders) before I ask my bishopric/clerks if we can use these symbols for emergency planning.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jhowell2000 wrote: Is this ability available only to people with leader access (clerks, bishopric?). I can't find these options as an administrator only...
It would appear the following list is the list of those who can MAINTAIN AND UPDATE maps, which probably includes special needs and emergency response information. A "ward website administrator" is not on this list, from theHelp files.
Ward leaders

Only the following ward leaders are authorized to maintain and update household names and addresses using LDS Maps. The names of authorized leaders are defined by MLS.
  • Bishop
  • First counselor
  • Second counselor
  • Clerk
  • Assistant clerk
  • Assistant clerk (finance)
  • Assistant clerk (membership)
  • Executive secretary
I think the emergency information may also only be available for viewing by that same list, based on this quote from the help files that it says "provides features for ward leaders:" But, I don't know this to be the case, as I don't have the ability to try it on maps. (The links in the quote below take you to more Help Files definitions.)
Overview for ward clerks and other leaders

The household location portion of LDS Maps provides the following features for ward leaders:
This question may indeed be a valid topic for map developers, as ward emergency response leaders are often NOT one of the ward leaders on the above list. How do they use these emergency features of Maps? Should they?
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

Thank you.
dlpyro1957

Ep and Special needs

Post by dlpyro1957 »

jhowell2000 wrote:Thank you.

I have not been able to find these filters with the new release..
It would also be nice to add user defined filters.
In our stake we are trying to track like single sisters, equipment, geo zones

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”