CSS Bug in Printing "Callings By Organization"

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
MCardoza

CSS Bug in Printing "Callings By Organization"

Post by MCardoza »

Hello, in printing "Callings by Organization" I was having trouble getting the "Custom Calling" and "Set Aparts" icons to show.

The first fix was to check "Print background images" in my browser. That took care of Set Apart checks. If possible, using image tags might be preferable here as that background image setting can be a bummer to deal with.

The Custom Calling icon was trickier, as the column itself was padding down too much in the print stylesheet to allow the icon to show. Additionally, the icon was removed from cells in the print version.

Here's a link to a modified Print CSS based on "generic-report-print.css?v=4300" that will correct this issue:
http://seven2.net/__tmp/ldsprint.css

The changes are as follows:
1) Hid "View Organization" links for printout (line 26)
2) Re-padded Custom Calling cells to give space for the icon background image (line 33)
3) Removed background adjustment that removed background-image (line 34)
4) Added background icon back to appropriate class cells. A grey/black icon would be best, but it's the blue icon from the CDN for now. (line 41)

Anyways, I didn't want to just report something w/o trying to fix it, so hope this helps.
Thanks!
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

You da man! I had just saved as 'web page complete' (firefox) so I could play with the stylesheets and get the star printed with custom callings. I change my generic-report-print.css to yours and I got my stars back. I was hoping a moderator would have commented on your post. Showing the stars in the browser should show up when printing too. I'm trying to reduce the number of custom callings (leftover from previous ward clerks) and use as many standard callings as possible but I need a printout of the list.

My motivation is that several of the other websites (such as calendar, newsletter, etc) where you can add people by calling only show standard callings, not custom callings.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sasgrw wrote:I was hoping a moderator would have commented on your post.
Moderators are community users just like you. You really want a programmer/developer to see what was done. One may have but did not comment. That happens quite a bit. We know this happens because issues sometimes are resolved in a later release when no official representative makes any comment in the forum.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

jdlessley wrote:Moderators are community users just like you. You really want a programmer/developer to see what was done. One may have but did not comment. That happens quite a bit. We know this happens because issues sometimes are resolved in a later release when no official representative makes any comment in the forum.

We also have our own QA Engineers and Developers who catch the same things. Then we prioritize the issues and fix them as we go. This particular issue, for example, has been fixed but not released yet. It should be released in the next week or two.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

In an ideal world, someone would monitor the list and comment on these issues that they're fixed in the next release. However, being a developer myself, I know that that's time consuming.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

This issue has been reported several times, in multiple threads. I have commented on this before. Unfortunately, it has taken us a while to get a release ready. We hope to release in the next week or so.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

No problem. No offense intended.

(BTW, I did search on this forum for this topic before adding my comments. I wanted to see if it had been addressed before but couldn't find any other posts. That doesn't mean they're not there. It just means I didn't have the right search terms.)
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

sasgrw wrote:No problem. No offense intended.

(BTW, I did search on this forum for this topic before adding my comments. I wanted to see if it had been addressed before but couldn't find any other posts. That doesn't mean they're not there. It just means I didn't have the right search terms.)
None taken. Look for a release early next week.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

We just released the new version of the application.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Awesome, thanks.

Is there an 'about' dialog that tells us which version we're running?

Are the new menu items colored yellow? 'Request Records' and 'Unit Settings' are both yellow highlighted. I don't recall seeing 'Access Table' before but it's not highlighted.

And just to keep this thread on topic, I tried 'print preview' from my browser and the custom callings retained the star icon next to them so the original problem is indeed fixed.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”