Inability to sign in from I Phone

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
paulwayne

Inability to sign in from I Phone

Post by paulwayne »

When signing in to LDS.ORG from my home or work desk top computer to access the extended Clerk Resources as a tool I have no problems. However, when I attempt to sign in from my I Phone it does not provide the extended drop down under tools bar allowing me access to clerk resources. This function did work for many months upon my original purchase and use of my I Phone and then suddenly stopped. Is this an issue with the chruch's web-site or my I Phone?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

paulwayne wrote:When signing in to LDS.ORG from my home or work desk top computer to access the extended Clerk Resources as a tool I have no problems. However, when I attempt to sign in from my I Phone it does not provide the extended drop down under tools bar allowing me access to clerk resources. This function did work for many months upon my original purchase and use of my I Phone and then suddenly stopped. Is this an issue with the chruch's web-site or my I Phone?
It works fine for me on the iPod Touch, using the built-in Safari browser. I go to LDS.org, sign in, then access the Tools menu, and I see 7 regular items, then a dashed line, followed by Leader Resources, Clerk Resources, etc.

I notice you said "when I attempt to sign in" -- do you mean that you have difficulty signing in? Or that you successfully sign in, but your only difficulty is in seeing the extended Tools menu? Before you sign in, you will of course see only the 7 regular items. After you sign in, you should see the dashed line and the other menu items under Tools.

Even if you are having difficulty seeing the menu, you can always go to lds.org/mls/mbr to get to the Clerk Resources. Then you could set a bookmark; at least that will give a way to get to the Clerk Resources page, even if you continue to have problems with your Tools menu.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
paulwayne

Post by paulwayne »

Thank you for your information. In answer to your question yes I actually go through the login process with the correct login and password but it doesn't seem to take. I don't get the extended tools in the tools drop down like I used to. Thanks again. Anyone else know how to remedy/restore this function?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

paulwayne wrote:In answer to your question yes I actually go through the login process with the correct login and password but it doesn't seem to take.
You said "it doesn't seem to take." When you sign in do you appear to be signed in? The obvious indicator is that the Sign In link in the top right section of links on each LDS.org page will change to "Sign out" and "Welcome, FirstName LastName" will appear just to the left of that.

Answering that question will help you know if the problem is that you are unable to sign in (which could be a cookie problem or something else like that) or if you can actually sign in, but there is a problem with the menu (which is more likely a CSS or some other browser problem).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
paulwayne

Post by paulwayne »

The sign in at the top right of the page never changes to sign out, it remains as sign in. I also do not get the "welcome paul wayne". If it is a cookie issue can you direct me on how to resolve this? And are there any other ideas? Thank you for sticking with me on this. I appreciate it.
paulwayne

Post by paulwayne »

well, thank you for your help in this matter. I emptied my cookies and adjusted some of my setting in safari and I can now sign in successfully and have full use of clerk resources again. Thank you very much for your time and suggestions!:o:rolleyes:

Return to “Main Church Website”