Cannot verify a location

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
lehrschallbrian

Cannot verify a location

Post by lehrschallbrian »

I am a ward clerk and the map tool will not let me verify the location. I am getting very frustrated. Help!!!!!!!
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Tell us more...Will it not let you verify ANY member location or just one "problem" address? Have you EVER been able to do it or is this a recent change in your ability?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lehrschallbrian wrote:I am a ward clerk

There are a number of rights to church websites that come with that calling. It's unclear if you are properly recorded so that any of them will work. Can you log into cdol.lds.org? if you can, can you verify your calling in there?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LakeyTW

Post by LakeyTW »

I used to be able to edit the map locations for the ward. I no longer can. I am guessing the Ward Assistant Clerk - Finance role no longer has rights to make changes.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

LakeyTW wrote:I am guessing the Ward Assistant Clerk - Finance role no longer has rights to make changes.
That is correct as of the last major revision to the Maps program.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
LakeyTW

Post by LakeyTW »

jdlessley wrote:That is correct as of the last major revision to the Maps program.
Is there a list somewhere of which roles have editing rights?
williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

I found a list here: LDS Maps 3 help

But it cannot be trusted because it says "This article is in a draft stage." at the top and "Assistant clerk (finance)" is in the list of leaders authorized to maintain information.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

subtlecoolness wrote:I found a list here: LDS Maps 3 help

But it cannot be trusted because it says "This article is in a draft stage." at the top and "Assistant clerk (finance)" is in the list of leaders authorized to maintain information.
The wiki article is in error and has been acknowledged by the author on the discussion page of that article.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:The wiki article is in error and has been acknowledged by the author on the discussion page of that article.
The new help pages are in the process of being completed. They will look much more like the help pages for other LDS.org apps. On those pages, the Ward leaders section has indeed been updated to exclude the financial clerk.

The Maps application still links to the old help page. I have no idea when the application will link to the new help pages. I'll see what I can find out.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
LakeyTW

Post by LakeyTW »

aebrown wrote:The new help pages are in the process of being completed. They will look much more like the help pages for other LDS.org apps. On those pages, the Ward leaders section has indeed been updated to exclude the financial clerk.

Not sure how it works in all wards, but in my experience the ward clerks are typically cross trained and help each other with the various duties. I wish Salt Lake understood how their wards actually function. On the plus side I guess I am once again in the bishopric, but not in the bishopric. :) And I get to train the Ward Clerk how to do this so he can take it over for me.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”