Permission Request

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
skibumm101

Permission Request

Post by skibumm101 »

We have had discussion in our Ward council about these maps. We know that a ward clerk has the ability to change the location, but we would like to throw out the possibility of adding a role to do that work also, Ward Website Administrator.

The reasoning is such. Typically the Ward Website administrator enjoys technology and doesn't mind spending time doing these types of task. It would alleviate some of the secondary responsibilities that a Ward Clerk never seems to have enough time to manage.

Our Ward has a very transient population with young married families. We typically have about 12 families move in/out per quarter, so its not a one time need to get the map updated, but a monthly task.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to read the thread Household coordinates part of member record.

Have you considered calling your Website Admin to be an assistant Clerk?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

RussellHltn wrote:You may want to read the thread Household coordinates part of member record.

Have you considered calling your Website Admin to be an assistant Clerk?
That works as long as your website administrator is male (my ward hasn't had a male website administrator in years).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nutterb wrote:That works as long as your website administrator is male

I think there's a few more requirements, but you're correct.

I'm not sure as all wards want to allow the web admin handle the mapping. So I don't see it as likely it will become automatically with the calling. Maybe at some time in the future they'll allow that to be an assignable right, much like calendar editor. But only if it's ruled that it's NOT part of the membership record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Let me just say that I like the idea of the Website Administrator being able to verify household locations. The clerks have enough to do as is. For me, it would be easier to verify the locations of the households that I know to be correct rather than stare at a map full of "unverified locations." I am one of the "female administrators" so giving me a clerk calling is not an option. :)
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I am a ward clerk and have verified most of our ward's addresses. My wife and I have have used date night for that on occasion. I have asked the full time missionaries, EQ President, and HPGL from time to time to look at a few that I don't know and that is helpful. We only have about 10% of our addresses not verified now.

This might not work for you, but I give it as an alternative option. Verifying the addresses is so easy that I believe even a busy clerk can get it done if others can help him with the correct positioning of the pins. With online access at the ward building now, we can do a few each Sunday after church before everyone leaves.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”