How to export MLS Data

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
OS1802

How to export MLS Data

Post by OS1802 »

I'm new to my calling as Ward Clerk and read several threads about exporting data from MLS as a .cvs file. However, they were outdated by several years. Can someone please inform me of the best way to export reports and lists to a .csv file?

I'm particularly interested in exporting the current list of callings by organizations.

Thanks!
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

++
sspencer80 wrote:I'm new to my calling as Ward Clerk and read several threads about exporting data from MLS as a .cvs file. However, they were outdated by several years. Can someone please inform me of the best way to export reports and lists to a .csv file?

I'm particularly interested in exporting the current list of callings by organizations.

Thanks!

The usage is File -> Export. Then select the file you want. In this case, that CSV file will be named Organization.csv.

To obtain these standard export csv files, a user with administrative privileges must approve the action.

There also is a generalized capability to get a CSV file from most membership reports, which is not so restricted.
OS1802

Post by OS1802 »

Got it - thanks! Easy enough.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

The threads may be several years old, but I don't think the process has changed at all. I really don't use the File - > Export much at all. It doesn't give me the control I want. I use regular reports or custom reports to give me what I need, then "save to file" for a csv. Sometimes this feature is offered in a button near the print button, or under the edit menu; Use "Copy to File," or "Copy to clipboard" and then "Paste" directly to an application like a spreadsheet. This can be manipulated or saved as a csv or spreadsheet format. In some MLS screens you can select columns and copy these to your clipboard for pasting into other apps.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”