Members suddenly cannot see addresses in their own ward's directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mohhess

Members suddenly cannot see addresses in their own ward's directory

Post by mohhess »

Our Ward Mission Leader approached me today to tell me that as of a couple of days ago, our ward member's addresses were not showing up on lds.org/directory nor being downloaded into the LDS Tools app. I (the Executive Secretary) logged into my lds.org account to verify the bug, but I didn't experience the same thing that he did.

We then tried his wife's account (RS President) and once again, the member's addresses were not showing up. We tried looking at the addresses of families in our stake (but not our ward) and all of their addresses showed up. So basically it seems as if some (if not all) of our ward members have lost access to view the addresses of fellow ward members, but not those of other wards in our stake (email/phone were not effected).

From what I can tell, the Bishopric members, clerks, and secretaries still have access and can see the addresses. Nearly 100% of the families in our ward had their visibility settings set to the Stake Level, but as of a few days ago, all but four of the families in our ward automatically had their address visibility settings changed to leadership only. The issue was brought up in Ward Council and nobody had changed anything (I'm usually the only one that deals with permissions though anyways). Any thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Can you check the privacy settings for the families in your ward? If they were set to private, then you as a Exec Sec could still see them, but other members could not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mohhess wrote:...as of a few days ago, all but four of the families in our ward automatically had their address visibility settings changed to leadership only.

What country are you located in? Various countries have different privacy policies, so I suppose it's possible that this is a recent implementation of a privacy policy.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

mohhess: please let us know what country you are in and what the privacy settings are set to. Thanks.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”