Bug? All member records disappear except head of household....

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
raklet

Bug? All member records disappear except head of household....

Post by raklet »

I have had two instances when all member records of a household except the head are gone from the computer. There is no notification that they were moved or anything else, they are just gone. They come back if I specifically enter all of the member information and request them back.

I have found something in common between the two instances that I think is the cause of this.

In both instances, the families had foster children living with them that are members. The children were moved to different homes in other states and no known address was given for their location.

I moved the single individual child record out of the ward to address unknown in both cases. Shortly after, the mother and any other children in the house disappear from MLS. Only the male HOH record is left behind.

Tyler Hepworth
Ward Clerk
Oakley 3rd Ward
Oakley, ID
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible there's a bug in the way moving to Address Unknown is processed. The usual case is for a whole family to be "unknown". As a short-term work around, you may want to make the child their own HOH and then move them out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

Did the original membership transaction report show only the foster child moving out?
Ryan Gifford
MLS
raklet

Post by raklet »

giffordrb wrote:Did the original membership transaction report show only the foster child moving out?
Yes, only the child shows moving out. I scoured all of the records for any indications of the others being moved. It is not noted anywhere.

After I requested the records back, the Membership Record Update Report gives the message about the church not being able to locate them for some period of time and that they need sheparding care of a priesthood leader.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

Sorry for the slow reply - I am going to poke around and see if I can replicate this.
Ryan Gifford
MLS

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”