e-mail notifications seem to have stopped working

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jeff.alvey

e-mail notifications seem to have stopped working

Post by jeff.alvey »

When I create new appointments, I always check the box to notify those who are subscribed to the calendar. This has always worked in the past however the last few times I've added appointments (the last week or so) no e-mail notifications are being sent.

Is this something that is a known issue with the latest updates or is this unique to me? I have tried unchecking the Allow notifications box and then rechecking it to make sure it is current but this has not helped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did it work after May 2 when the current version was put into production?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

RussellHltn wrote:Did it work after May 2 when the current version was put into production?

Email notifications have stopped working for me also. The last time it did work was for a May 5th event that I created in late April (and I'd set the email notification to be sent 1 day before the event. The email was successfully sent on May 4th).
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

On the private calendar for stake president interviews, the notifications were working last week, but I noticed that the interviews that he has today, we received no notifications yesterday. Those notifications were set to be received 1 day before the event.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

I added something to the calendar last night and checked the box to send out an email and it did not work.
Margie
jsberry

No calendar email notifications

Post by jsberry »

I have not been able to use the calendar email reminders since May 17th. I don't think I have seen an calendar reminder email for 2 weeks. It does not work for "now" or for a scheduled time. I am a stake website administrator and I have had several stake auxiliary leaders email me to let me know they are not able to send event reminders.
mdpiercey

Post by mdpiercey »

jeff.alvey wrote:When I create new appointments, I always check the box to notify those who are subscribed to the calendar. This has always worked in the past however the last few times I've added appointments (the last week or so) no e-mail notifications are being sent.

Is this something that is a known issue with the latest updates or is this unique to me? I have tried unchecking the Allow notifications box and then rechecking it to make sure it is current but this has not helped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Same here. Box is checked. No notification.
marilynhoward

Post by marilynhoward »

I have had trouble with this since Tuesday. I had no other additions or changes to make to our calendars so, I had not noticed the problem until this week. I made sure everything was done as it should be, even deleted the event(s) and re-posted them with the Send e-mail NOW checked. I didn't receive any e-mails, nor did my husband. Both of us have subscribed to all calendars since I serve as the Ward & Stake Website Administrator and am still helping leaders learn how to use the system - I like to keep an eye on what is being done, who is learning. I did receive e-mails from these very same events about 10-13 days ago. Both events needed to be changed - one was posted with "time to be determined", the other event's day had been changed. I ended up harvesting all e-mail addresses from the directory and others I knew who still have not gotten an LDS Account set up, and sent from my Mail application the announcement for these two new member baptisms that needed to be supported. This was very time consuming. I even went back to the old system and sent an e-mail from inside the Administrators Options > E-mail Broadcast. This needs to be addressed!

Help, please!

Thank you in advance....
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

Yay!!!! I added a couple of events today and wanted one to send out an email, so I checked the box and then clicked on Create Event and after a while, it hung up and the circle motion thing kept going in a circle for quite a while. I clicked on the ESCAPE button and it stopped. I tried to do it again and it hung up yet again. So, I stopped it. I then unchecked it to send out an email, and then it accepted the entry right away. When I looked at the calendar, it was on there twice, so I deleted one of them. I got an email about the event fairly soon after that. Almost 2 hours later, I received another email about it. So, even though it hung up on me 2 times, it did process it and sent out an email.

Thanks for getting that fixed! I know on Sundays, the webpages can be very busy with a lot of people looking for things or making changes. I was just glad to see that apparently the Send Email Feature is working and hopefully won't be hanging up on everyone or on me next time I need to use it.

Margie
mrbelding76

Post by mrbelding76 »

i guess its started happening again. i set up an event and then check the box to immediately send me an email....to which nothing happens. this has been this way for the past 2 weeks. any ideas why its happening again, or perhaps at all?

Return to “Calendar”