News and Information Archive

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
bdalton

News and Information Archive

Post by bdalton »

In our ward we post a lot of things in the News and Information area. We keep several previous weekly bulletins, Teacher's Quorum newsletters, Lesson Schedules, the last few ward newsletters, and have plans for several more such postings. We use the Priority to help organize these so they are a little easier to find, but it is still getting cumbersome.

Is there some way to create categories or to maintain an archive of older postings so they can be retrieved easily without having each post as a separate item?

For instance, the Young Men have been posting a PDF newsletter about every week and would like to keep all the old ones available if possible. I could upload all of these documents to my personal online storage and create a PDF document index that links to them. Then I would have only one News and Information item for the Young Men. However, does that run afoul of the guidance to avoid linking outside of the church approved web sites?

Instead of uploading all those documents to a non-church location, is there a way to load them into our ward's webspace on lds.org without having each one attached to a separate News and Information item? Or is there some church approved storage location I can upload to and link to from a PDF?

Is there a way to submit multiple attachments with one News and Information item?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks very much.
- Brad
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Even if there isn't I would like to suggest that the feature be added in a future LUWS release.
- David
aebrown
Community Administrator

Folders for News and Information

Post by aebrown »

It would make News and Information items much more useful if we could organize them into folders or categories, preferably with more than one level of folders or subcategories. Also, the one attachment per item limit is overly restrictive. If you get much more than a dozen items, a single level list becomes unwieldy.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BDalton wrote:I could upload all of these documents to my personal online storage and create a PDF document index that links to them. Then I would have only one News and Information item for the Young Men. However, does that run afoul of the guidance to avoid linking outside of the church approved web sites?
Well, since I don't think you can make a working link outside of the church server, (which is why you are placing it in a PDF document), I think the answer is probably "yes, it does run afoul".

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”