European All Day Events - appear one day early

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
gxwheel

European All Day Events - appear one day early

Post by gxwheel »

Background:
I am stake executive secretary in Düsseldorf, Germany. Our stake is trying to implement the LDS.org calender (and directory) in our stake. I have worked for over 15 years in IT-Consulting.

I will send this same message to the LDS Feedback site. I sent this message as Feedback a few months ago, but have yet to hear any feedback from that source, which is why I am asking here.

I could not find related threads via search.

Our Pain in Europe:
We have seen the following problem with All-Day events via LDS Tools on mobile devices and via the Leader Resources website (there is a small rolling calender displayed on the right hand side of the screen).

Setup:
Create All Day entry:
Date: SUNDAY, 22 April 2012
Title: SP in Wuppertal (SP = Stake President, Wuppertal is a ward in our stake)
Location: (with or without location - this has no impact on the problem we see via LDS Tools).

Steps to recreate:
Open LDS Tools using a mobile device (or view the calender on the Leader Resources website)

Problem Description:
All Day Event displays one day early - in this case on SATURDAY

Any news on this issue is appreciated.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I've reported this on several occasions. As you have noticed this affects LDS Tools and the Schedule/Calender on the Leader Resources website. Below is the link to my post on this subject.

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... evious-day

What I'm not sure about is if this is a Europe only problem.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

With update to 2.0, seems that for Australia time zone all timed calendar entries now show in calendar list on following day. All Day events now show on right day where previously they would show in calendar on prior day.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

This sounds like a major issue --- I would start a new thread to get more attention on this item (don't know the official forum policy, just my opinion). Also submit a support request via the LDS Tools App under settings >> support >> Email Support
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gxwheel wrote:I would start a new thread to get more attention on this item (don't know the official forum policy, just my opinion).
A new thread for a new problem, but posting the same thing in multiple threads is against the Code of Conduct.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

gxwheel wrote:This sounds like a major issue --- I would start a new thread to get more attention on this item (don't know the official forum policy, just my opinion). Also submit a support request via the LDS Tools App under settings >> support >> Email Support

Already done, on several occasions! LDS Tools isn't the problem. I suspect the problem lies elsewhere in the data processing on the church servers. I'm not a programmer, so I can't be sure.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:LDS Tools isn't the problem.
Since I think only the iOS version supports the calendar, that's hard to tell. A developer will have to look and see if it's the API or the App. I've sent a PM to the calendar folks, but someone needs to get in contact with the iOS LDS Tools folks for them to look at it from their side.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

RussellHltn wrote:Since I think only the iOS version supports the calendar, that's hard to tell. A developer will have to look and see if it's the API or the App. I've sent a PM to the calendar folks, but someone needs to get in contact with the iOS LDS Tools folks for them to look at it from their side.

I've also noticed the problem on the Schedule, in Leader Resources, being 1 day out as mentioned in post#2 and also by the OP at the beginning of this thread.

Again I don't think that the calendar is the problem, but what happens after the data is processed by other applications whether web based or mobile.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

RussellHltn wrote:A new thread for a new problem, but posting the same thing in multiple threads is against the Code of Conduct.

Perhaps - my statement was unclear. I believe it is a new problem, albiet related. Therefore I would start a new thread. To get more attention to the new problem, rather than having people focus on the former issue.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

gxwheel wrote:Perhaps - my statement was unclear. I believe it is a new problem, albiet related. Therefore I would start a new thread. To get more attention to the new problem, rather than having people focus on the former issue.

If youre referring to your OP, this has been fixed in v2.0 of LDS Tools. Either by programming or by getting the Calendar data from a different source. Not sure which.

My mention about the Schedule exhibiting the same problem, was just mentioned in passing!

Return to “Member Tools”