Print Option not working

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jgamber

Print Option not working

Post by jgamber »

I've been trying to print reports yesterday and today and it attempts to open in another window but no data shows up. I've tried multiple times and get the same result. I've been able to print before. Any ideas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I've tried a few different reports just now, and they all work fine. But no new window is opened up -- they just print directly. I'm using Firefox. What browser are you using?

Also, it might matter what specific report you are using. I tried Stake Relief Society Presidency and Callings by Organization.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I tried five different reports and all work fine. They were a mix of print methods. Some print by creating a PDF web document. The print is accomplished after the PDF document is rendered. Some print directly to the Windows print spooler.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? What specific reports have you been trying to print?

Try printing from another computer. This will help identify if the problem is computer or browser related.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jgamber

Post by jgamber »

Thank you both for your help. It appears to be a computer issue. I tried it on a different computer and it came up in a PDF format which I could print. I was working w/ the Members Moved In report. Greatly appreciated.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Our next release of Clerk Resources will have improved PDF generation, and will include a PDF version of the Key Indicators report. You can always print from the browser (via the File menu, Control-P/Command-P, etc.) but we spend our time developing PDFs for printing, rather than working on browser printing. Browser printing will generally not look as nice as the PDF. Some browsers, like Chrome, don't print background images, so you don't get the "zebra stripe" effect, etc.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”