TROUBLE: EQ president has no access to leader resources on lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aclawson

TROUBLE: EQ president has no access to leader resources on lds.org

Post by aclawson »

Newly called EQ president, he does show up in CDOL and his set apart flag is showing correctly but he does not have access to the leadership section - lds.org/leaders tells him access denied and when he tries to go in through the drop-down menu where he should see the links is just a blank sections.

I called CHQ and was told that they don't have anybody specifically assigned to these matters and that I should post the issue here as a trouble ticket of sorts and was told that the programmers/others routinely monitor for issues to address.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aclawson wrote:Newly called EQ president, he does show up in CDOL and his set apart flag is showing correctly but he does not have access to the leadership section - lds.org/leaders tells him access denied and when he tries to go in through the drop-down menu where he should see the links is just a blank sections.

I called CHQ and was told that they don't have anybody specifically assigned to these matters and that I should post the issue here as a trouble ticket of sorts and was told that the programmers/others routinely monitor for issues to address.

At this point the only ward callings with access to lds.org/leaders are bishopric members, ward clerk, membership clerk and executive secretary. Priesthood and auxiliary presidents haven't been given access yet. We've been told they will have some access at some point but no timetable has been given.

EDIT: I just saw that there was an update to the help for the Clerk and Leader Resources that indicates Quorum and auxiliary do have limited access. This update just barely happened so my guess is that this update has not actually been released yet. But it sounds likes it coming soon. Note that the help mentions using the Clerk Resources which is found at lds.org/mls/mbr/index.html rather than lds.org/leader.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Like eblood66, I didn't think there was anything for the EQ president. If there was, it may take a day or so for the systems to sync with CDOL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

RussellHltn wrote:Like eblood66, I didn't think there was anything for the EQ president. If there was, it may take a day or so for the systems to sync with CDOL.

BTW, the wiki page is here: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Clerk_Resources_Help. The top of the page indicates it's for a beta version of the Clerk Resources. I haven't seen any other announcements of this beta so I don't think anything is available yet.
MerrillDL

Post by MerrillDL »

Occasionally an LDS Account does not synchronize across all databases. When this happens to a clerk or church leader, they will not have access to Leader Resources in the Tools menu as well as not have visibility to the ward and stake directory and calendar.

The appearance of this condition is similar (not exactly) to an LDS Account that does not have the MRN linked to it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The current help system has a section called Callings with Leader and Clerk Resources access. It mentions bishoprics and some clerks, but does not even mention the possibility of auxiliary and quorum leaders.

So it's just a waste of time for an EQ president to wait 24 hours, or worry about whether they're having account synchronization problems -- there is no access for that calling at this time to Leader and Clerk Resources.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

aebrown wrote: So it's just a waste of time for an EQ president to wait 24 hours, or worry about whether they're having account synchronization problems -- there is no access for that calling at this time to Leader and Clerk Resources.
I can confirm this... I've been an EQ President in MLS for over a month and I don't have access to lds.org/leader . (In fact, you can see my post wondering if there was any online list for an EQ President here. I think having been a clerk and using lds.org/leader all the time and then changing to an EQ President with zero access has required some adjusting :)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”