How to generate report showing where our full-time missionaries are serving?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lmemmott

How to generate report showing where our full-time missionaries are serving?

Post by lmemmott »

I'm the stake clerk and would like to generate a report that shows where all of our current full-time missionaries from our stake are serving. Anyone know how to do this in MLS or lds.org? or the Missionary Online Recommendation System? I've not been able to find it.

Thanks in advance!
LM
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know of any way to get a report. You can look up the information in the directory by going to each ward in the stake and clicking on "Missionary" and then "Serving Missionaries".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmemmott

Post by lmemmott »

I was not aware that the information was available in the directory on lds.org as you mentioned. This will get me by. A sincere thanks!!!!
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

This would be a great feature. It is usually announced at stake conference.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gxwheel wrote:This would be a great feature. It is usually announced at stake conference.
The number of full-time missionaries is an item near the end of the Officers Sustained form, which is read at each ward conference, and at the stake conference where sustainings occur (usually the first one in the year).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

aebrown wrote:The number of full-time missionaries is an item near the end of the Officers Sustained form, . . .
Does this mean that the Names are not read / not supposed to be read?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gxwheel wrote:Does this mean that the Names are not read / not supposed to be read?
The instructions for the Officers Sustained forum contain this language: "He should present only the officers listed on this form." Now that doesn't specifically address your question, but the spirit of that instruction seems to be that you follow the form as is. I would therefore follow the language on the form regarding missionaries, which is simply to report the number. Personally, I've never been in a ward or stake that read the names of the missionaries -- just the number is read.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

In our stake we announce them with stake business. Basically, any new since the last stake conference. We only read the total # during conference once a year when the sustaining is presented to the membership. Since starting this several years back members have continued to comment and appreciate hearing and knowing about the missionaries serving. The Stake Presidency believes it is also a bit of a motivator as we encourage senior couples to go on missions as well. Just one small piece in a larger plan for encouraging missionary service.

I believe this is sustainable in our stake because them numbers to not get to unbearable. If my stake when I was growing up along the Wasatch Front were to have done that regularly at stake conference it would've taken a significant number, I think we had about 25 from my ward alone my year.

It sure seems that the Online Missionary Recommendation tool could use a couple of good tweaks, wouldn't take much to add this to the data presented in the tool.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JohnShaw wrote:In our stake we announce them with stake business.
Another method is to print the names of the missionaries who are serving from the stake on the program, if one is printed.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I wonder if it is possible via a custom report to generate the names somehow?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”