Priesthood app

dsgunn130908

Priesthood app

Post by dsgunn130908 »

hi there is there a priesthood ordiance app out ther for the samsung galaxy note on android and does anyone know when the new release for gospel libary will be coming out for android
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dsgunn130908 wrote:is there a priesthood ordiance app out ther for the samsung galaxy note on android

What do you mean by "priesthood ordinance app"? Are you looking for a tool that will show leaders what ordinances a particular member has received? If so, there is no such mobile application at this point.
dsgunn130908 wrote:does anyone know when the new release for gospel libary will be coming out for android
Are you asking about version 2.2? I don't know of any date. The wiki page doesn't list a date.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Handbook 2 is on the Gospel Library app, and it has a section on priesthood ordinances.

http://www.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2- ... s?lang=eng
dsgunn130908

Post by dsgunn130908 »

No there was a app which stated.how all ordinances should be done and gave guide lines and words.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dsgunn130908 wrote:No there was a app which stated.how all ordinances should be done and gave guide lines and words.

I don't think it was ever published by the church. It sounds like something a member learning how to develop might do.

If you've got a reader app that contains "Duties and Blessings of The Priesthood B" you can find what you're looking for in Lesson 5.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dsgunn130908 wrote:No there was a app which stated.how all ordinances should be done and gave guide lines and words.
The approved guidelines are in Chapter 20 of Handbook 2 (JamesAnderson provided the link upthread). There is no official mobile app that does this (except for Gospel Library, which includes Handbook 2, of course). I'd be wary of unofficial apps for information like this.

The Family Guidebook also has a section on Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Well silly me. I actually have it on my phone, but I can't find it in Google Play (the app store) at all. But it does look like you can side load it from here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Well silly me. I actually have it on my phone, but I can't find it in Google Play (the app store) at all. But it does look like you can side load it from here.
The description of the app found at that link is certainly odd -- it looks like it was written by a nonmember, or went through a poor electronic translation process from some other language into English.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It does, but from everything I see, it seems to be the same app I have. I don't remember where I got it. Most likely it was from here or the LDSOSS group. I don't think I would have loaded it just because it was in the market (at the time).

Comparing some of the text, it doesn't exactly match what I find in the manual. The differences I saw were minor, but it does raise a question about source of the information and if it's current. Given that, I can't recommend it unless the text can be confirmed.

oldbones

Re: Priesthood app

Post by oldbones »

There was an app that defined the words and purpose of ordinances. I have it on my phone having transferred it from a previous phone.
I searched for it recently and could not find it so assume it has been taken down.

Return to “Mobile Applications”