Citation help on new LDS.org site

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
gawing

Citation help on new LDS.org site

Post by gawing »

On the old web site, under the title of each talk in small print was text that essentially could be used when citing the talk in an article, blog post, etc.
For instance, I was looking up an old talk President Faust gave
The link is:
http://classic.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.j ... 82620aRCRD
The citation is:
James E. Faust, “The Greatest Challenge in the World—Good Parenting,” Ensign, Nov 1990, 32

The new LDS.org obviously has much nice looking links
http://www.lds.org/ensign/1990/11/the-g ... g?lang=eng
However, I can't see a citation text anywhere that I can use. Am I missing it, or is it just not there? If it isn't there, what is the best address to go to suggest this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gawing wrote:However, I can't see a citation text anywhere that I can use. Am I missing it, or is it just not there? If it isn't there, what is the best address to go to suggest this?

You have a good point. The page title (typically displayed in the title bar of the browser) contains the article title, and the date of the Ensign, but it doesn't include the speaker or the page number. So it's not really suitable for citing the article.

To give feedback on this, I would just go to the new LDS.org page you linked to, and click the blue "Do you have Feedback on this page?" link that appears at the bottom right of most pages on LDS.org (and definitely does on that page).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gawing

Post by gawing »

Thanks. I've submitted the form on that page with my feedback.

Return to “Main Church Website”