Need notes or ability to multi-select lessons

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
launil

Need notes or ability to multi-select lessons

Post by launil »

Sometimes, it becomes necessary to combine 2 lessons into 1 Sunday to cover all the material. It would be nice to be able to multi-select lessons in the tool or, if nothing else, add a Notes field where additional class materials can be outlined.
clintonkopotic

Post by clintonkopotic »

Selecting multiple lessons is a great idea. We're having a special third stake conference this year, and so there will be at least one lesson in Gospel Doctrine will either need to be combined or skipped.
I also like this idea of adding a notes section especially for the Teachings for Our Time (4th Sunday) lessons. In our stake, the presidency provides a paragraph on not only what talk(s) are to be covered, but what about the talk(s) is/are the focus of the lesson discussion. Currently we have to distribute a PDF to the members of the stake, but having it pieced out for the specific Sunday would help centralize this material.
joelbeevers

Post by joelbeevers »

To clintonkopotic: When you added your special third stake conference did you recreate the class to have it work around it? Did that work for you? I am just wondering because when I tried this for another special event, even though I selected it as either General or Stake Conference it only showed the regular two General and Stake Conferences when I subsequently added new classes. I guess they may have a maximum feature on these perhaps???
clintonkopotic

Post by clintonkopotic »

When you added your special third stake conference did you recreate the class to have it work around it? Did that work for you?
When I added the third Stake Conference I had to manually advance the classes on week for the remaining weeks. I didn't recreate any classes, though I suspect that would work.
I am just wondering because when I tried this for another special event, even though I selected it as either General or Stake Conference it only showed the regular two General and Stake Conferences when I subsequently added new classes. I guess they may have a maximum feature on these perhaps???
Now, when I look over the year of events it has all three Stake Conferences correctly, so I'm not sure why you were having trouble. Again I haven't create any classes through.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”