Old email used to create lds.org account no longer active

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
drcook345

Old email used to create lds.org account no longer active

Post by drcook345 »

We have had several users that activated an lds.org account in the past, but now can't remember their password or username. They are also no longer using the email address they used to activate the account.

The problem is . . . when they try to signup a new account, they are not allowed. The system reports they already have an account associated with their record number, and wants to email information on the old account to the old email address that is no longer active.

How do we proceed with these types of users?

Dave Cook
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

drcook345 wrote:We have had several users that activated an lds.org account in the past, but now can't remember their password or username. They are also no longer using the email address they used to activate the account.

The problem is . . . when they try to signup a new account, they are not allowed. The system reports they already have an account associated with their record number, and wants to email information on the old account to the old email address that is no longer active.

How do we proceed with these types of users?

Dave Cook
  1. Go to http://ldsaccount.lds.org
  2. Click on Can't Sign In
  3. Click on How do I recovery my user name?
  4. Click on I don't have/remember my e-mail
From there it will lead them through resetting their email, recovering their user name and setting a new password. They will need their membership number and birth date and access to their current email account to complete the process.
drcook345

Post by drcook345 »

duh! I missed that the other night I guess, thanks. We'll try that. -dc
MerrillDL

Post by MerrillDL »

I've attached a self-help file for recovering an LDS Account. All that's needed is the MRN, Date of Birth and a valid email address
Attachments
LDS Account Self-Support.pdf
(841.54 KiB) Downloaded 24416 times

Return to “Church Account”