LDS Tools 2.0 for android ?

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
kentedman

LDS Tools 2.0 for android ?

Post by kentedman »

After absolutely loving the improvements and enhancements made in the iPhone 2.0 app, I'm curious if there is any timeline on when we might see the android app upgraded to 2.0?
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

You can't very well compare version numbers between the iOS and Android versions. The current Android version is 2.1.6.5 so we are past 2.0.

Both apps are on separate build timelines so it would be difficult to tell you when each app will have coomparable features. We are actively working on enhancements to the app and will release them when available.
Jason Hyer
cameronbrown50

Post by cameronbrown50 »

Instead of worrying about what the right version number is, can we get a confirmation that the recent improvements made on the iOS devices will also be made on the Android soon? Having quick access to MRNs and Action Lists is a HUGE improvement that I think everyone is excited about. And a lot of us Android users are getting a little jealous of our members with IPhones.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

The changes will be coming but I can't promise when. The iOS has had an additional year of development on it which is why you see more features on that platform. We have a full time developer working on the app and we will provide the updates as quickly as they can be implemented.
Jason Hyer
stacey.haws

Post by stacey.haws »

I just checked and the most recent Android version of LDS Tools in Google Play says it is version 1.2.2.1.

Is the 2.1.6.5 version available somewhere else? Is that beta?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Stacey.Haws wrote:I just checked and the most recent Android version of LDS Tools in Google Play says it is version 1.2.2.1.

Is the 2.1.6.5 version available somewhere else? Is that beta?
I think Jason was confusingLDS Tools for Android (which is indeed at version 1.2.2.1) with Gospel Library for Android (which is at version 2.1.6.5). His point about the LDS Tools feature sets for Android and iOS being quite different at this point is still valid, however.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

As I sat in Ward Council on Sunday, there were two iOS devices and seven Android devices.

p.s. The owner of one of the iOS devices was also the owner of one of the Android device.
jstrunk

Please make it so...

Post by jstrunk »

See the response below that I received with I asked about developing the two platforms at the same pace...

http://tech.lds.org/blog/492-lds-tools- ... mment-1151

This gives me hope. Our Ward Council has more Android devices than iOS devices as well.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

If you haven't installed the newest beta on android, do it now, i don't have any doubt that they could be on equal functionality by the end of the year.... and I'm a serious doubter in most cases. The team nailed this release!

Return to “Android Member Tools App”