Preferred Names on Version 2.0.3

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Biggles

Preferred Names on Version 2.0.3

Post by Biggles »

I was wondering when the Directory will only show preferred names? Several forum members, especially Europe, noticed and requested this, quite sometime ago!
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

This would be a great change! Also on the iOS version it would be nice.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Are we sure this is a directory limitation? Or is it regional?

My ward's online directory has displayed preferred names for quite some time. My ward just merged with another, and you can actually delineate quite accurately who was in my ward and who was in the other ward before the merge by looking at who has full names and who has preferred names showing in the directory. I think it has more to do with what is set at the preferred name in MLS.

Have you looked in MLS? I seem to remember that the default preferred name was the same as the full name. I went through my ward's records and changed all of the preferred names in order to get the online directory to appear with the preferred names. Is it possible that your directory is displaying the "preferred name," but that the "preferred name" is no different than the "full name?"
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Yes I looked in MLS! I also happen to be the Ward Clerk and before that an Assistant Ward Clerk. I'm fully aware of the difference between Preferred and Full name.

This, as mentioned in my earlier post, was an issue brought up last year and seemed to affect European countries. So it is most probably a regional problem. One of the development team said they would look in to it.

I started this thread to see if I could a response from said development team!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”