YSA stake out-of-unit member difficulties

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nmower

YSA stake out-of-unit member difficulties

Post by nmower »

I am calendar administrator in a YSA stake. I have created a stake calendar with a unique name. One of our stake high councilors can't subscribe to it, because he can't see it under Setting|Subscriptions|All Calendars.

I have re-created his out-of-unit membership multiple times, carefully entering his individual ordinance summary information.

My question is this: if the ward to which he is assigned had made him an out-of-unit member of their unit, but had left out some important part of his ordinance summary information, would this affect his ability to see a stake calendar?

Are there any other suggestions on making the calendar accessible to him?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you checked the CDOL and checked that your high councilor appears there with a standard calling? IIRC, the out of unit member only works for leaders. If his calling isn't reaching CDOL properly, then it won't work in the calendar system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmower

Post by nmower »

Yes, he does show up in CDOL as a stake high councilor.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are other high councillors able to get in? I'm not 100% sure that the out-of-unit leader thing works for HC.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmower

Post by nmower »

I checked with another of our high councilors, and he can see the calendar.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You have one High Councilor entered twice. If he is the one with the problem I would try deleting one.

The other thing you can have him check is to go to this page to see his headers and make sure that the policy-ldspositions: header has p94/5u and then the unit number and more stuff.
nmower

Post by nmower »

It is another high councilor who is having the trouble. We'll do as you have suggested, and ask him to check his headers. We'll also fix the redundant entry.
nmower

Post by nmower »

Side note on the redundant high councilor entry: he was listed only once in our stake MLS. I removed that, and now CDOL shows one listing instead of two. It appears that CDOL has one too many, somehow.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the other high councilor who is retrieving his header information for us.

Return to “Calendar”