Charge Accounts

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
edwinslade

Charge Accounts

Post by edwinslade »

Does anyone know what church policies are for a charge account at the grocery store? Who can charge stuff,what's the dollar amount limit?
Thanks Ed
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

See the thread Documentation Regarding Charge Accounts at Vendors for Ward Use. That thread contains a Handbook 1 reference that makes it pretty clear that charge accounts should not be set up.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
edwinslade

Post by edwinslade »

Thanks for the link.My ward had the account before I was made the finance clerk. I would like to limit who uses the account or close it all together.
Thanks Ed
edwinslade

Post by edwinslade »

Brother Brown,
should finance clerks have access to handbook 1 online? Because I don't
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

edwinslade wrote:Brother Brown,
should finance clerks have access to handbook 1 online? Because I don't
I believe they should. However, the instructions ICS has been given to follow regarding online access correlates to the physical distribution list found in Handbook 1. This topic is discussed in the Handbook 1 Online Access - Assistant Ward/Branch Clerks thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”