Mike Riley

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mikepriley

Mike Riley

Post by mikepriley »

I have residencial addresses for people I need to move out of our ward into another ward and stake in another town but I am not sure how to find what ward they would live in. It seems like there was a website or a way to enter the their new physicall address and it would bring up what ward they would be living in. Could you let me know how to do that so I can send their records to the proper ward and stake. Thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mikepriley wrote:I have residencial addresses for people I need to move out of our ward into another ward and stake in another town but I am not sure how to find what ward they would live in. It seems like there was a website or a way to enter the their new physicall address and it would bring up what ward they would be living in. Could you let me know how to do that so I can send their records to the proper ward and stake. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum, Mike!

You can go to LDS.org > Tools > Maps and enter an address. Then you'll see the assigned congregation for that location listed under "Assigned Residential Ward."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mikepriley wrote:I have residencial addresses for people I need to move out of our ward into another ward and stake in another town but I am not sure how to find what ward they would live in.
While Alan has pointed you to the tools, that's really not necessary. Just move them to that address and let CHQ figure it out.

While the blanks are there, I've never seen any request that we try to fill them in. In fact it causes more harm then good if for any reason you come up with the wrong ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”