Importing an MLS report created in MLS but on a different computer

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
ericsandan

Importing an MLS report created in MLS but on a different computer

Post by ericsandan »

I created a custom report on my home computer and now want to import it back on the wards computer without recreating it. The import
command only allows finance and membership.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you using the right import command? Check here for instructions.

I'm not sure what rights you'll need for importing reports. It's possible you'll have to have someone with admin rights do it for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

When you say you created a custom report on your home computer I presume you did so using a test install of MLS.

Exporting a custom report only exports the report definitions (report name and description, selection criteria, the included fields, the column widths, and the grouping options) in a report definition (.mls) file. This is done by clicking "Export" on the same line (row) of the custom report name on the Custom Reports screen.The exported file can then be imported by clicking the "Import" button at the bottom of the Custom Reports screen on the live install of MLS on the administrative computer.

Administrative rights are required to accomplish the export and import.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Reports and Forms”