Duties of Deacons (or other Quorum) Secretary's

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
jonejam2

Duties of Deacons (or other Quorum) Secretary's

Post by jonejam2 »

Good Evening,
I was asked by my YM Secretary to provide some information on training the Aaronic Priesthood Quorum Secretary's. Specifically, I am looking for information on the Duties of a quorum secretary.

I have been through the handbooks etc... but have not found specific information on the duties. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jonejam2
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jonejam2 wrote:I was asked by my YM Secretary to provide some information on training the Aaronic Priesthood Quorum Secretary's. Specifically, I am looking for information on the Duties of a quorum secretary.

I have been through the handbooks etc... but have not found specific information on the duties. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Handbook reference would be Handbook 2, Section 8.3.3.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonejam2

Post by jonejam2 »

Edited to remove incorrect information -

Is there any more detailed instructions routinely given to help these secretaries fulfill these duties?

Thanks for your reply.
Jonejam2
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The Handbook has much more than just a list of responsibilities. There is an excellent page on LDS.org in the Serving in the Church > Aaronic Priesthood section called Getting Started. It addresses several topics, such as the purpose of the Aaronic Priesthood, how councils work, and how quorums can function well.

These are all principles that are important for any leader to understand, and apply to the quorum presidency as well. Each of these principles is illustrated with multiple references to different sections in Handbook 2. That page is an excellent model for how you can draw on existing resources, particularly in the Handbook, to learn your duties in the priesthood.

A couple of other online resources are:
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”