closed captioning

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
mrckaizen

closed captioning

Post by mrckaizen »

I have tried to find other places to get this suggestion in, but perhaps this is the best. I am happy that we are now able to receive the satellite general conference with closed captioning for the hearing impaired. I have a son who lost all of his hearing and now wears a cochlear implant, but has difficulty hearing in meetings etc. The majority of church movies do not offer closed captioning and I would like to see more of it so we can watch it together as a family. I would also like to see the temple movie incorporate closed captioning.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Call the temple before you attend the next time and ask. Any temple should be able to do this when there is a need.
PhillipsCJ

Post by PhillipsCJ »

That is great to know that captioning is available on request at the temples. Although currently many of the Church's online videos are not yet captions, we are working to caption more and more of them.

In addition, most of the DVD's that you purchase from the Church do have captions.
Disability Services Manager, LDS Church

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”