Standardization for webcasts for new buildings

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
KeithWilson

Standardization for webcasts for new buildings

Post by KeithWilson »

Does anyone have any idea when new buildings will come with standard equipment that supports webcast deployment fully? Right now, a ton of equipment and technology must be installed to support a webcast, even with brand new buildings. Just wondering.

Keith
sammythesm

Post by sammythesm »

We are currently building a new building in our stake. The SP has asked me to work with the church construction project manager to make sure that all the wiring for wireless and webcasting is pre-built into it so we don't have to tear up a new building trying to rewire it. I've been told that our floor plan is a new design which includes a A/V room right off the chapel near the sacrament prep room.

I will let you know what I find when I meet with him.

Also - to clarify your question - you might want to break it out into buildings that would anticipate ORIGINATING webcasts vs buildings who will RECEIVE webcasts. I think every building in the church should be equipped to receive webcasts (i.e. large format screen in chapel, quality projector, ethernet port on rostrum), but probably only stake-center sized buildings need to be equipped to originate them (i.e. cable drops for camera positions, room big enough for camera control and production computers)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What about "extension" screens? That is a screen for the cultural hall that's slaved to the one in the chapel? Seems like that's needed for all designs. If not now, it will become expected in the easily foreseeable future.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KeithWilson

Post by KeithWilson »

What are "extension screens"? Right now, our new stake center comes with the ability to broadcast the same signal to the two screens in the cultural hall, and for large broadcasts, such as priesthood, the same satellite signal goes to the chapel and the two in the cultural hall, as well as primary and RS rooms.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

KeithWilson wrote:Right now, our new stake center comes with the ability to broadcast the same signal to the two screens in the cultural hall, and for large broadcasts, such as priesthood, the same satellite signal goes to the chapel and the two in the cultural hall, as well as primary and RS rooms.

Using what technology? The resolution of composite/RF is rather limited by today's standards, but the other technologies are not as easy to implement.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:What about "extension" screens? That is a screen for the cultural hall that's slaved to the one in the chapel?

I think KeithWilson's question is the same one I have. What do you mean by an "extension screen"? Unless you are talking about large LCD screens, it seems to me it's the projector that is slaved, not the screen. And a master-slave relationship implies direct communication between the projecting devices. What technology are you talking about?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:I think KeithWilson's question is the same one I have. What do you mean by an "extension screen"?
Slaving the projectors so they are unified in content and timing so you can have multiple screens for a large room, such as the combined chapel/cultural hall.

From the situations that others describe, this is not just for broadcasts, but for local events as well.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”