MLS data to LDS.org

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jgamber

MLS data to LDS.org

Post by jgamber »

How long does it typically take for MLS data to sync w/ LDS.org? I updated some leadership positions 3 weeks ago and they are not showing up on LDS.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The sync to CDOL should be right away. I think it's a overnight process that syncs changes to the new directory. Note that the classic directory has NO sync to MLS and has to manually updated by a classic web site admin.

You may also want to try Correcting duplicate or missing callings

But the first step is to see what's in the CDOL as that's the central database.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:The sync to CDOL should be right away. I think it's a overnight process that syncs changes to the new directory.
The new directory uses the services and therefore gets the callings real-time. Once they are in CDOL you will see them in the directory.
jgamber

Post by jgamber »

I was refering to the new ward website directory and hadn't thought to check the CDOL. I checked that last night and the changes are not appearing there either. I will follow the instructions that you posted regarding missing callings in CDOL and let you know what happens. Thanks for the advice!
jgamber

Post by jgamber »

Issue resolved. Thank you!!
javert42

Post by javert42 »

jgamber, how was the issue resolved?

I'm having the same problem. We got a new stake presidency yesterday, and I updated MLS yesterday afternoon. The website directory is now missing all the categories under "Stake Leaders and Organizations", except for Stake Presidency and Patriarch. Also, the Stake Presidency still shows the old one. Any ideas what's going on?https://lds.org/directory/?lang=eng#x
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

javert42 wrote:jgamber, how was the issue resolved?

I'm having the same problem. We got a new stake presidency yesterday, and I updated MLS yesterday afternoon. The website directory is now missing all the categories under "Stake Leaders and Organizations", except for Stake Presidency and Patriarch. Also, the Stake Presidency still shows the old one. Any ideas what's going on?https://lds.org/directory/?lang=eng#x
I don't know if jgamber will respond, but I would note that he said "I will follow the instructions that you posted regarding missing callings in CDOL". That was clearly referring to the earlier advice "to try Correcting duplicate or missing callings".

So that would be a good thing for you to try, as well.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

javert42 wrote:jgamber, how was the issue resolved?

I'm having the same problem. We got a new stake presidency yesterday, and I updated MLS yesterday afternoon. The website directory is now missing all the categories under "Stake Leaders and Organizations", except for Stake Presidency and Patriarch.
I will have to look at this more, but I don't think you want to try Correcting duplicate or missing callings. Since they are all gone in CDOL you would lose them in MLS. If they are still there in MLS you can at least print off what you have so it doesn't get overridden.
javert42 wrote: Also, the Stake Presidency still shows the old one. Any ideas what's going on?
On this you will have to be patient. Changes to a new Stake Presidency have to be verified at CHQ to make sure they match the info that comes back with the presiding general authority.

Note: If you look in CDOL at your stake you will see the unpublished changes text in the upper right (by where it says Active). This means that there are changes waiting for human intervention.
jgamber

Post by jgamber »

I just ended up requesting a unit refresh on MLS. Once that happened, everything was resolved.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”