List of membership #'s?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
geekiemommie

List of membership #'s?

Post by geekiemommie »

Is it possible to print a list of membership #'s? I'm the Ward Website Admin in our ward, and we are having a big LDS.org Day on Saturday (helping people register, talking family pictures, tutorials on how to use it, etc), and a list would be super helpful!

Thanks for your help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm sure there are ways of doing it, but please note that membership numbers are somewhat sensitive information. I'd be very cautious about such a list.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

If I recall correctly, in order to register with LDS.org, at least initially, the member needs their membership number, baptismal date, and confirmation date. Rather than have all of those on a list, could you perhaps move the clerk computer and printer into wherever you are having this event, and print off Individual Ordinance Summaries for people when they arrive?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

allenjpl wrote:If I recall correctly, in order to register with LDS.org, at least initially, the member needs their membership number, baptismal date, and confirmation date.
Just MRN and date of birth. If the member has a temple recommend, the MRN should be on there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

brendalisa wrote:Is it possible to print a list of membership #'s?

Yes. You can print a "Directory of Members" with the record number. After selecting the report from the Reports/Forms area of MLS you will need to click on "Customize" in the upper right corner and select Record Number.

We keep a copy of this report in the front of Temple Recommend books to ensure bishopric members have the MRN available for interviews.

mwchesley

Post by mwchesley »

Yes, such a report is available using the new lds.org tools too, at least if you have access to the Leader Resources tool or the Clerk Resources tool. We also keep a copy in the front of the Temple Recommend book.

To get to the report (once you're in the Leader or Clerk tool), hover over Reports, then under the Membership section, click on Unit Statistics. After that, it's just a matter of selecting "Total Members", or a subset thereof.

Please remember that the information on this report is very sensitive. I hate to think of the damage that could happen if it got into the wrong hands.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

You might ask some bishopric member or clerk to attend your event, equipped with either a printout or a smartphone/tablet.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

As others have said, your ward clerk can help you out with this list. Remember: With big "register now" events, the registration is not complete until they log in and acknowledge an email that will be sent to their email address. Those that don't remember to do this when they go home still won't have an account....Perhaps keep a list of everyone who registers and follow-up with a reminder call?

<added later: And I echo the clerk is also responsible for the safety of his wards records and data, and he could choose to be the "holder" of such a list, or issue IOS's as already suggested>
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Thanks for all your help! My clerk was able to print a list and he is pretty excited about having that list for temple interviews too. My LDS.org day went great as well! I love that our ward is all getting on board :)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”