Directory is not loading

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
tanyamoulds

Directory is not loading

Post by tanyamoulds »

My fiancé just created his lds.org account with his member number. ( I know I know but he isn't the best with technology) and the directory and calendar are stuck loading. We've tried on several computers at my house and his as well as my office computer. We also tried loading the data to his iPad and that also failed. Hopefully this is a DIY fix. Thanks!
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Welcome to the forum. It may be a simple problem, but the members here probably need some more information about where you are encountering the problem. Did you make the account successfully? Does LDS.org load? Do you get to the log-in screen for the directory or calendar? Does it "hang" after the login and never pull your ward directory or calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tanyariley wrote:My fiancé just created his lds.org account with his member number.
I'm not sure how the backend systems work. But if the account was just created, I suppose there might be some time lag while various systems sync up so that the websites know what ward he's in.

When you log in, do you see him in the ward directory? (I'm assuming your in the same ward.) If his membership record is not in any ward/branch, then he's not going to get access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

A commonly missed step in the signup for the LDS Account is the e-mail verification step. Make sure he has received the e-mail and clicked the link within that message. It only takes a few moments after that step to begin using the account.

If there are problems with applications and websites that use the LDS Account credentialing the first thing to do is to try logging onto the LDS Account sign in page. Success at logging in there means the account is active and valid.

Problems with the directory and calendar should be checked by using other computers not at the same location or on the same network. Since you did the last step but did not mention the account being verified by logging onto the LDS Account sign in page I suspect the account has not been verified.

Until he can successfully log onto the sites and applications using LDS Account credentials using a computer there is little likelihood of success using a mobile device.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tanyamoulds

Post by tanyamoulds »

kisaac wrote:Welcome to the forum. It may be a simple problem, but the members here probably need some more information about where you are encountering the problem. Did you make the account successfully? Does LDS.org load? Do you get to the log-in screen for the directory or calendar? Does it "hang" after the login and never pull your ward directory or calendar?

He did make the account successfully yes, I walked him through it over the phone so I didn't witness it. He is not a new member record, his record was existing for a few decades now, he just never did the lds.org account thing.

He did verify his email address. He is able to successfully login and it recognize his login at the top of the screen shows his name. He can go to the study notebook and maps and all other places except his directory and calendar. He did receive the email that his account was created successfully after the confirmation.

It does hang on the loading screen when trying to go to directory and never proceeds past that point. The calendar page gives an error "Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later."

We are not in the same ward, or even the same stake. I live across town from him. We know he is listed in his directory, and he shows up for others because his sister is in his ward and both she and her husband can see him in the directory.

We have tried logging in on an iMac running the latest Mac OS in chrome, safari, and firefox. We have tried an iPad in both the LDS Tools app and safari browser. We have tried a Windows machine running XP with IE, firefox, and chrome. Finally, we checked a Win machine running Win 7 IE, chrome, and firefox. We know the issue is with the account somehow. Just not sure what we can do about it beyond submit a trouble ticket I guess.

He created the account Sunday evening.
tanyamoulds

Post by tanyamoulds »

I think I just found the problem. I was on his login on my computer testing everything and I went to maps, it shows him logged in, and I clicked "View Your Ward" and it gives me this error "We do not know which congregation is yours.
There may be a problem with your membership records, the address we have on file for you, or both. Contact your ward clerk to update your records.
If you don't know which ward you belong to, then use the "Find Places" tab to find your ward. When you find it, click on it to see the meetinghouse address and contact information for the bishop. Use this information to contact your bishop."
So I will have him give the ward clerk a call tomorrow so he can take a look at it for him.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

tanyariley wrote:I think I just found the problem. I was on his login on my computer testing everything and I went to maps, it shows him logged in, and I clicked "View Your Ward" and it gives me this error "We do not know which congregation is yours.
There may be a problem with your membership records, the address we have on file for you, or both. Contact your ward clerk to update your records.
If you don't know which ward you belong to, then use the "Find Places" tab to find your ward. When you find it, click on it to see the meetinghouse address and contact information for the bishop. Use this information to contact your bishop."
So I will have him give the ward clerk a call tomorrow so he can take a look at it for him.
It's possible that his membership might not be in any ward but more likely his LDS Account doesn't have his membership number correctly entered. Have him go to http://ldsaccount.lds.org and log in. Then have him look in the right hand column for the Membership Status. See if it says he has entered his membership information. If not, there should be a way for him to enter his membership number and birthdate (I can't remember exactly how but it should be fairly obvious).

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”