Student Council President - Standard calling

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gxwheel

Student Council President - Standard calling

Post by gxwheel »

I cannot find the following callings as standard callings in MLS.

Can you please help.
[Added 04/29/2012 at gxwheel's request: Post refers to callings: Student Council President, vice president, secretary and council members as discussed in Handbook 1: section 11.2.2]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That is neither a Stake nor Ward calling. If there is a standard calling, it would be to entered from the CES side. Looking at the Institute associated with my stake, I see no positions listed at all. Not even the church employees that work there. So I'm not sure why.

I'd suggest using a custom calling just so they don't appear to have nothing to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

RussellHltn wrote: I'd suggest using a custom calling
We have done that already, but . . . Then the president does not appear in reports available via the great new Online Directory tools. So, I was looking for a solution by adding them as standard callings for:

Young Single Adult Committee members includes
- a counselor in the stake presidency presides over the stake young single adult committee
- a high councilor assigned to young single adults,
- a member of the stake Relief Society presidency,
- a couple called to serve as young single adult advisers (also not found as standard calling - which means they do not appear in the new directory reports)

Institute of Religion Advisory Council is established wherever there is an institute program, and includes
- a Chairman - The stake president may serve as chairman of the council or assign one of his counselors to do so
- the institute director (employee of CES)
- the institute of religion student council presidency
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Since any position dealing with Institute would not be a stake calling, it makes sense that there would be no standard calling at the stake level for such callings.
gxwheel wrote:- a couple called to serve as young single adult advisers (also not found as standard calling - which means they do not appear in the new directory reports)

The position "Stake Young Single Adult Adviser" does exist at the stake level. In our stake, we have two people serving in that position, and they appear properly in CDOL and the online Directory with a standard calling. I don't have access to MLS right now. I seem to recall there was something a bit odd about how I had to enter those callings, but the fact that they are on CDOL proves that it can be done.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

'Young Single Adult Adviser' is also a standard ward/branch calling as well.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

My primary goal is to display the work done by Young Single Adult leaders in Leadership reports. They are a key part of our stake and displaying these key leaders would help maintain the visibility necessary to properly administer to this age group.

We have a student council within the stake (President and vice presidents will be called shortly. If two or more stakes are together, then an out of unit calling in our stake would provide people with the contact information for the president from another stake, but this must be a standard calling to appear in standard reports and be allowed to edit the calender for young single adult activities)
We have Young Single Adult Advisors (married couple) - there contact information should also be displayed in the standard reports
We also have a "chairman" of the adivory council (Stake pres. or counselor) -- which is not listed in directory reports (which are very cool by the way) because this is not a standard calling).

Since the standard reports are so useful / well made / etc. I would like to continue using them as a tool, without sending a separate report for the Young Single Adults Program.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”