Private Calendar Notifications no longer work.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jrobertfisher

Private Calendar Notifications no longer work.

Post by jrobertfisher »

A few weeks ago, our Ward Council private calendar stopped sending out reminder notifications. It's now grayed out when I go to check it in Calendar settings, can that be fixed?

Thanks,
Rob Fisher

Ahh.. great.. "vBulletin Message - The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." Looks like the forums crashed.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

jrobertfisher wrote:A few weeks ago, our Ward Council private calendar stopped sending out reminder notifications. It's now grayed out when I go to check it in Calendar settings, can that be fixed?
My question is --- why is the Option greyed out for private calenders?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

I don't see the "send a reminder" box greyed out on my private calendar. Any new information?
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

I am sure it is the same issue as the Stake President Interview calendar as it is a private calendar, but those reminders quit working also. The option to send out messages is not greyed out, but it has not sent out the email reminders for the last 2 weeks. (I am the stake executive secretary and I have not been receiving the messages and the stake president complained to me that he was not receiving either).
jrobertfisher

Post by jrobertfisher »

Here's what I see:

davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

What I am seeing is consistent with jrobertfisher. Thanks jrobertfisher for putting me to closer to seeing what the problem is. Now my question is the same as previously asked "Why is the 'Allow email reminders for this calendar' greyed out?"
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

kisaac wrote:I don't see the "send a reminder" box greyed out on my private calendar. Any new information?
Yes, now I see what you mean, and it IS greyed out on all my private calendars, both stake and ward.
jrobertfisher

Post by jrobertfisher »

How do we make sure the right person/people know about this NEW issue, and how do we get it resolved?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The Calendar forum is usually visited on a regular basis by Church ICS personnel. They may be busy working issues and may not have had time to respond here. If you would like you can submit feedback through the Submit Feedback link on the LDS.ORG home page. That method seldom garners anything other than an automated response in a few months.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I've been able to reproduce this functionality(?) in our test environment. We recently made a change to how the notifications were generated for private calendars but it was not to disable event notifications. So we are digging into the code for that change this morning. I'll report back when we have found a resolution.

Return to “Calendar”