Report for members sustained by not set apart

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
cnilsson

Report for members sustained by not set apart

Post by cnilsson »

I can't seem to find a report that will show those members who have been sustained for a calling but not set apart. I'm trying to create a custom report but I'm not finding the criteria I need. Does anyone have a report such as this that they can share? Or can anyone provide instructions as to how to create such a report? Thanks!
rbeede

Post by rbeede »

MLS doesn't have a field for recording that built-in. You'd have to create a custom field to record that information and then a custom report.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cnilsson wrote:I can't seem to find a report that will show those members who have been sustained for a calling but not set apart. I'm trying to create a custom report but I'm not finding the criteria I need. Does anyone have a report such as this that they can share? Or can anyone provide instructions as to how to create such a report? Thanks!
There's no way to do this entirely with custom reports, but you can use a custom report in conjunction with a spreadsheet to give you what you want. There are a couple of reasons why you can't do it with just a custom report:
  • Each person can have more than one calling, and custom reports report on individuals.
  • There is no criterion related to that detail of callings.
But here is a possible approach:
  1. Create a custom report.
  2. For the criterion, set "Member Status -- is -- Called to a position" (that will show you only members who have a calling)
  3. On the Format tab, make sure you include "Callings with Date Sustained / Set Apart"
  4. Save the Report.
  5. Run the report.
  6. Copy the entire report to the clipboard (Ctrl+Shift+C)
  7. Open a spreadsheet application
  8. Paste the clipboard.
  9. Add a column, and create a formula using various string functions to extract the callings and the /No or /Yes for the Set Apart flag.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

After I wrote that complicated approach, I realized that you can simply use the Members with Callings report. It shows the Set Apart flag. It also creates one row per calling, which is much simpler than the custom report, which combines all the callings for an individual on one row. You still might want to copy that report to a spreadsheet for further filtering and processing, but it will be a much better starting point than a custom report.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:After I wrote that complicated approach, I realized that you can simply use the Members with Callings report. It shows the Set Apart flag. It also creates one row per calling, which is much simpler than the custom report, which combines all the callings for an individual on one row. You still might want to copy that report to a spreadsheet for further filtering and processing, but it will be a much better starting point than a custom report.

I use the Members with Callings report and then click on the Set Apart column to sort it so that all those who haven't been set apart are at the top. (Actually I first click on the Sustained column and then the Set Apart column so that those who haven't been set apart are at the top and they are sub-sorted in the order they were sustained). I can then just print the first page or two to print those who haven't been set apart.
cnilsson

Post by cnilsson »

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll get right on this and use the Members with Callings report.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

eblood66 wrote:I use the Members with Callings report and then click on the Set Apart column to sort it so that all those who haven't been set apart are at the top. (Actually I first click on the Sustained column and then the Set Apart column so that those who haven't been set apart are at the top and they are sub-sorted in the order they were sustained). I can then just print the first page or two to print those who haven't been set apart.
This is my favorite method, and just print the first page or you'll get your whole ward.
cnilsson wrote:I'll get right on this and use the Members with Callings report.
It's one of those reports that you'll "get right on" every month, because the need to know this never goes away and can become standard in your ward processes.
samuelmerrill

Re: Report for members sustained by not set apart

Post by samuelmerrill »

Another good way to find this report in LCR is: Organizations > Callings by Organization > Options > Filter By (check the box "Callings Not Set Apart") > Print.

Return to “Reports and Forms”