Preferred name for children

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
clintsinger

Preferred name for children

Post by clintsinger »

Hi,

I was talking to my Ward Clerk today and he mentioned that when he adds a preferred name to a child, there is no way to save it. i.e. the save button stays grayed out.

Is this a bug or something that was never enabled for the MLS system?

We have a number of families from other countries, such as China, where their given name isn't the same as their English name. For adults this isn't a problem because we can give them a preferred name. We would like to be able to do the same for children.

Cheers,
Clint

P.S. I haven't tried it myself because I don't have permissions so I am just going by what my somewhat computer illiterate Ward Clerk is telling me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Playing with my test copy, the only time I can't get a "save" button is if something required is not filled in.

I suppose it's possible that a required field wasn't filled in at CHQ, but now that he's editing the record, he has to fill it in to save it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
clintsinger

Post by clintsinger »

I'll walk through with him next time to get more details. Perhaps he is doing something wrong.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If the "Save" button is grayed out, have him look for highlighted fields. By default, the color is yellow, but each user can change that for their login.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”